We currently seeking for 60 casual shed workers who can commence work in early January and work until the end of the bean and corn seasons, i.e. end of May 2021.
- Handling a variety of produce, includes, but not limited to packing, processing, sorting, grading, peeling and washing of produce;
- Stacking and lifting of crates and styrene boxes containing produce (men - up to 20kg, women - up to 15kg);
- Operating a variety of machinery (minor and under supervision);
- Prepare packaging (prepare cardboard boxes, crates, apply labels etc);
- Cleaning of equipment, machinery, packing shed, toilets, smoko room, etc.;
- Other farm work and shed work as directed by Supervisors.
To apply for this job, you must:
- at least hold residency or a valid visa to work in Australia
- be able to work 6 days a week, including weekends and public holidays
- be flexible with working hours
- be flexible with job assignment
- be physically fit and cope with fast pace working environment
- be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (e.g. hot, cold, wet, windy, etc.) occasionally
- have good attention to detail
- have your own reliable vehicle or able to organise your own transport to get to work
- be able to organise your own accommodation
- be able to attend a remote interview via Zoom Meeting. An onsite interview can only be organised under limited circumstances.
The pay rate is $24.80/hr (adult rate). Overtime and public holiday rate are paid per Horticulture Award, Casual, Level 1.
No experience required, but previous vegetable harvesting experience will be an advantage.
This job is a 'specified work' that fulfils 2nd and 3rd Working Holiday Visa Application.
Please send your most current CV or resume to for job application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a job interview.
Postcode: 3875 (Walpa, VIC, Victoria)
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Bonaccord Group of Companies
Member since: September 2016
The Bonaccord Group is an Australian owned and operated family business producing quality produce since 1975 and freighting perishable goods since 1989. Located in Eastern Victoria, its close proximity to the Gippsland lakes system means temperatures are mild, creating ideal growing conditions all year round. With rich alluvial soils, and the Mitchell River along with some private off-river storages for irrigation, Bonaccord produces a range of fresh produce that can be picked, cooled, packed and freighted for purchase the next day by the consumer, both within Victoria and interstate.
Farming, Animals & Conservation