Kitchen Hand / Cook-Far North Queensland Island
We are seeking an experienced Kitchen Hand / Cook for this busy venue located in Far North Queensland.
This is a great island based role – great team!
5 day week
Split shifts – lunch and dinner
Accommodation and five duty meals $130 per week
Shared Staff house off site, own room, shared living areas & bathroom
Minimum six month commitment
- Working under / with the Chef (must be happy to take direction) preparing, dishes, general cleaning, basic cooking and presenting a range of dishes – lots of prep and cleaning involved.
- Covering the Chefs days off cooking a reduced menu
- Candidates must be confident and capable cooking steaks.
- Washing of dishes, pots, pans, equipment etc.
- Cleaning of the kitchen
- Assistance in maintaining customer service standards, ensuring that customers are served in a professional and diligent manner
- Providing fast and efficient service
- Ensure all meals are prepared and presented in a professional manner
- Communicating effectively with customers and fellow staff
- Compliance with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995
- Compliance with Food Hygiene Regulations
- Working with the Hotel Manager
- Other duties as required
Candidates must have or be able to obtain a Food Safety Certificate
Manual Drivers Licence preferred
Telstra and Optus Coverage available
Access via regular flights
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
MLKA Hospitality Recruitment
Member since: December 2020
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism