Head Cook / Chef-Hotel Venue-Far North Queensland Island
We are seeking an experienced Head Cook / Chef for this busy hotel venue located in Far North Queensland. This is a great island based role.
Mid January Start
5 day week (only chef in kitchen with kitchen hand assistance for dinner)
Split shifts – lunch and dinner
Free Accommodation and Duty Meals
Shared Staff house off site, own room, shared living areas & bathroom
Cooking for up to 20 people for lunch & 50 for dinner
Minimum six month commitment
- Candidates must be happy to do their own dishes and run food to the bar for lunch service
- Preparing, cooking and presenting a range of dishes – lots of prep and cleaning involved.
- Candidates must be confident and capable cooking steaks and seafood.
- Stock Control
- Cleaning of the kitchen
- Maintaining customer service standards, ensuring that customers are served in a professional and diligent manner
- Providing fast and efficient service
- Ensure all meals are prepared and presented in a professional manner
- Communicating effectively with customers and fellow staff
- Compliance with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995
- Compliance with Food Hygiene Regulations
- Working with the Hotel Manager
- Catering for conferences in-house
- Catering for takeaway food for offsite functions/conferences
Candidates must have a Food Safety Certificate
Manual Drivers Licence preferred
Previous experience working shifts on your own preferred
Telstra and Optus Coverage available
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
MLKA Hospitality Recruitment
Member since: December 2020
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism