Head Chef-Motel Venue-Western Queensland
We are seeking an experienced Head Chef for this busy motel venue located in Western Queensland.
We are looking for a committed, driven Chef who is excited to take on new challenges and embrace the opportunity to be part of building something new with some creative licence over the menu.
If you are enthusiastic about an exciting, new challenge out west with a work/life balance within a supportive family-run business, we want to hear from you!
$70,000 salary (negotiable)
Free Accommodation and meals
Own motel room on site
Mostly straight shifts
Five day week
Early January Start (flexible)
- Manage and assist a small team of kitchen staff and delegate tasks
- Prepare and serve food of a high standard in a consistent, timely manner
- Undertake customer preferences/dietary requirements and modify recipes where possible to meet customer requests
- Assist with the development of menus using seasonal ingredients (e.g. testing recipes, menu tastings and costings)
- Monitor food stock and freshness
- Supervise and mentor junior staff
- Order stock and manage par levels
- Maintain a clean & efficient kitchen, freedom to implement new processes where you see fit
- Communicate effectively with Front of House Manager to ensure seamless customer service from kitchen to table
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Leadership skills and enthusiasm for the role
- Excellent time management abilities
- Ability to remain calm and communicate effectively under pressure to complete tasks
- Hands-on experience with kitchen equipment (e.g. deep fryer, grill, salamander etc.)
- Understanding of standard and COVID safe kitchen sanitation regulations
- Passion for a good steak
Access via sealed roads or regular flights.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
MLKA Hospitality Recruitment
Member since: December 2020
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism