AU PAIR - MAGNETIC ISLAND - FROM MARCH 2021
Hi Au Pairs!
We are an experienced host family (having had 13 Au Pairs/ Nannies over 6 years, three of them for 12 months each) and are currently searching for an Aupair to start when our current amazing au pair returns home. We have had au pairs from France, Switzerland, Germany, United Kingdom, Canada and United States. We are looking for a new Au Pair from around 7 March for at least 3 months but as long as possible.
The important facts:
- We are a host family of 5 (Mother, Father, Twin Girls and one Dog :D). Both mum and dad work from home. We also have 4 Chickens, a duck, 2 fish and a plethora of wildlife around the house.
- Our home is just 500 metres to the unbelievable Horseshoe Bay on Magnetic Island, a backpacker Mecca and paradise on earth. Magnetic Island is just off the coast of Townsville on the Great Barrier Reef in far North Queensland. Magnetic Island averages over 320 days of sunshine a year and with more than half the island designated as National Park, there are plenty of walking tracks and untouched beaches to explore.
- Magnetic Island is a short 25 minute ferry ride to the major city of Townsville where there are shopping centres, cinemas and schools for language classes if you are interested.
- Spacious private Au Pair accommodation in a separate house (own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room with private balcony). There is no risk of two 6 year olds bursting into your bedroom at 7am on your days off! We have wifi and Netflix.
- Set hours are provided in a schedule so you know when we need your help and when you have free time. We realise having an Au Pair does not mean we have "on call" help 24 hours a day. Our au pair needs to be flexible and adaptable as our plans can change at short notice. For example, if the twins are unwell and unable to go to school, the au pair may be required to work at short notice. We are flexible if our au pair wants to request a particular day off for a special event.
- Light housework is involved as your contribution as an adult member of the household e.g. unstacking dishwasher, washing and folding clothes, tidying kitchen, helping us tidy up after dinner, vacuuming/mopping.
- You'll be fed well!!
We have 7-year old twin girls. The role is primarily taking care of them after school on weekdays and weekends (with some weekends off). Take them to the playground, teach them your language, play with their toys, take them to the beach, have a good time!
We do require our au pair to have a driver’s licence, including experience driving on the left hand side of the road, to help with getting the girls to school and activities. However, on the island you can walk or catch the bus most places.
During the week when she works, our au pair starts the day at around 2:00pm and will finish at around 8:00pm. Nights are mostly free time except if Mum and Dad have to go out.
The au pair prepares meals for the twins on the days she works and also cooks dinner for the family one night a week.
Who we are looking for:
It goes without saying that you must enjoy spending time with children. You must have a happy nature, common sense, patience, like being active (going for walks and playing at playgrounds our daughter) and trustworthy.
During the times when you are rostered on you need to be prepared to actively play/ engage with our daughters (to keep them distracted from what we are doing) not just “supervise” them - this is very important. If they are doing an activity with you, they couldn’t care less whether we are working, cooking dinner etc etc. NO PHONE USE WHILE ON DUTY!
We are warm and welcoming and will treat you like family. The separate residence allows you to have your own time in the evenings when the kids are in bed if you prefer to keep to yourself. However, you can spend as much or as little time with us outside "work" hours as you like.
Dad speaks French and Indonesian however Mum only speaks English. You will need to be able to hit the ground running and speak English fluently. The twins are also in a crucial stage of their language development. Therefore, while we are open to other languages, the ability to speak English is a must.
Our previous Au Pairs would be happy to talk to you as a reference for our family!
Please only contact me if you can say ‘yes’ to the following:
- Good English (your English doesn’t have to be perfect, but we need to be able to communicate fairly easily)
- Non-smoker (no casual smokers, smokers who are “giving up”, only non-smokers. Not negotiable)
- Driver’s licence
- Have initiative and be proactive
- Love kids
- Be prepared to actively engage our daughters/ play with them - not just supervise them!
- You know children’s First Aid (or you are prepared to do a course with my husband who is a first aid instructor when you start with us).
- We travel in the car for long distances and have a small aeroplane. If you get travel sick this is not the job for you :)
- Not addicted to your phone- as with most other jobs, phone use is not permitted during working hours.
- Available from 1 March or close to that date
Please PM me with your email address if this sounds like your ideal role. We are excited to meet you!
Postcode: 4819 (Horseshoe Bay, Townsville)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: February 2016
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism