Allandale Station is located in the far north of South Australia, covering 1.2 million acres of the south-east pastoral district. Allandale has the ability to run 6,400 head of cattle and focus on producing a grass fed, high quality product for the domestic market. We are currently seeking station hands for the 2021 season; all applicants are welcome to apply.
About the role:
Reporting to the station manager, duties will include but not be limited to:
- mustering cattle using bikes and occasionally horses
- general station maintenance and repairs. Eg welding, fencing.
- assisting in the maintenance of property infrastructure
- vehicle and machinery operation, including basic maintenance
- land and environmental management practices
Training will be provided to those who may need improvement.
If you are successful you are required to demonstrate:
- experience when working with cattle using low stress stock handling techniques, including processing cattle, cattle crushes, mustering and yard work
- sound motorbike skills
- fencing and general maintenance skills
- competency when operating machinery
- animal welfare
- communicate effectively within the work force and hold a strong work ethic
- commitment to safety
- hold a current drivers license
- work collectively in a team or independently
What we offer:
- day rate based on above award wages
- single room accomodation – air conditioned
- Telstra service around the homestead and wifi
- 3 daily delicious meals
- training, career development and ability to advance your skills in the agriculture industry
- friendly and safe environment, with a supportive team
Unfortunately, no pets allowed.
Postcode: 5723 (Oodandatta, South Australia)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Neales River Livestock
Member since: October 2018
Neales River Livestock is a family owned company based on a property local to the township of Oodnadatta, 180 km north east of Coober Pedy, South Australia.
The property is primary beef producer, producing high quality beef for the Australian domestic market, specialising in breeding Poll hereford croxx Black angus breeds.
We offer the opputruinty for individuals to broaden their understanding of the Australian agricultural industry, as well as develope all skills required to continue an exetended career in the pastoral sector.
Farming, Animals & Conservation