Together with my husband and two boys (ages 5yrs and 3yrs) we are the second generation on our beautiful 17,000acre Organic Cattle Station in central QLD. We run the Cattle business as well as a successful Farmstay which is most popular during the winter months.
We have had backpackers from all over the world working on our farm over the last 10 years and all of them we have remained good friends with. We have a lovely, happy home and farm where we believe every person should be valued and respected.
We are looking for our next ‘Mary Poppins’ to start ASAP.
This role is for a single female (Non-Smoking) who is first and foremost EXCELLENT with young children w/experience, thoughtful, kind, shows initiative and can see what needs to be done and who needs something, energetic and honest and can work by herself as well as with others. Also someone who can take direction.
We expect the below from the successful applicant
1) Have experience with young children and be excellent with children not only playing but being able to think like a mother and anticipate children’s needs.
2) Be able to occupy and care for the children for certain hours of the day incl bath time/dinner time responsibilities
3) Be completely competent and capable in nannying for up to a week alone with the children should we need to go away for work or travel. This would require you to stay overnight in our home with the boys, caring for them, preparing meals and house duties. Any overnight stays will result in you having days off work as compensation or extra payment to be discussed. This won’t be a common occurrence but we do need to be able to rely on someone should we need to go away.
4) Be an efficient and thorough cleaner (our farm stay houses need cleaning in-between tourists)
5) Be a good house keeper. In our home you will be required to keep on top of laundry, cleaning the kitchen every morning, cleaning the house (vaccuming, mopping, bathrooms etc) as well as general tidying at the end of every day.
6) Able to lend your hand to gardening, mowing, cooking etc.
7) If needed out in the paddock be able to step up and help out.
8) Be flexible, living on a Cattle Station things can change from day to day very quickly and as much as we would like the plan for the week to stay consistent sometimes it is out of our control.
9) We also have my beautiful parents-in-law on the same Station and they will also require help gardening and cleaning throughout the week on occasion.
10) Be able to look after the Station – keeping an eye on things/ feeding animals if everyone is away.
So as long as you like every day to be fun, different, stimulating and your happy to lend your hand to anything - you will be perfect!
It is a 5 day working week, Monday to Friday 8am-5pm.
• You would have your own private house (queen bedroom, laundry, bathroom, living room and a brand new kitchen incl A/C).
• You would need to look after your meals throughout the week. This is a paid position which we will discuss upon application and can include your 2nd YR Visa or 3rd YR Visa.
In your time off, you are welcome to explore our beautiful Cattle Station - you can use our 4X4 to explore the farm, canoe , fish and go on walks. There is plenty to see and do and experience the outback.
We also are a short drive to the popular Carnarvon National Park. There are a few backpackers in our area which we will introduce you to when your here. We try to have tennis once a week at our local tennis courts for a social catch up with neighbors etc.
See our farmstay website, www.arcadiavalleyescape.com
We look forward to your application - and can't wait to welcome the successful applicant into our family and our life on the land!
Please reply with
• Your CV
• Any experience in childcare and cleaning
• Current photo
• Australian references
• Where in Aus you are right now & when you would be able to start
Postcode: 4454 (Injune, Queensland)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Central QLD Organic Cattle Station
Member since: March 2017
We live and operate our 17,000 acre cattle station in Central QLD aswell as our eco farm stay.
Farming, Animals & Conservation