Join the largest wholly Australian farmer owned and operated producer of quality pork products.
- Benefit from FREE On-Site share house Accommodation
- FREE transport between work site and Dalby (Mon - Fri)
- All uniforms/boots/PPE supplied & laundered on site
- $24.80/hr plus penalty rates
- In-House Training
- Multiple positions available
SunPork Farms, the foundation of the Sunpork Group of Companies, is the largest wholly Australian farmer owned and operated producer of quality pork products. With over 21 production sites throughout Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia, SunPork Farms is the only pork producer in Australia that has control of its product from paddock to plate.
SunPork Farms is offering opportunities for piggery attendants to join its team in animal husbandry. These are short term casual positions with immediate starts, located in Warra, QLD on the Western Downs, 3.5 hours West of Brisbane.
Reporting directly to the Unit Manager/Supervisor, the responsibilities of the role include:
• Maintaining a high-quality environment for the welfare and well-being of stock;
• Cleaning accommodation pens, fittings and equipment;
• Tending to routine husbandry of all stock;
• provide access to feed and water for stock;
• Move, sort, draft and weigh stock;
• Care for sick and/or injured stock; and
• Administer medications when required.
Applicant requirements include:
- Being physically fit and able to cope with the physical demands of the role, which includes working with animals and manual handling tasks including lifting.
- Previous agricultural and/or farming background preferred but not essential.
- Being committed to upholding the highest levels of animal welfare and bio-security eg: No contact or close proximity with farmed or wild pigs for 4 full nights prior to entering SunPork Farms piggery;
- Must be willing to undergo pre-employment functional assessments including drug & alcohol testing;
- Must have reliable transport;
- Be willing to work a minimum of 3 months
To apply, please forward your resume, colour copy of passports (for VEVO check) and all correspondence to:
Human Resources Officer
SunPork Farms – Tong Park Piggery
By 15th March 2021.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
SunPork Farms is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Postcode: 4411 (Warra, Brisbane)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Sunpork Farms Tong Park
Member since: February 2021
SunPork Farms, the foundation of the Sunpork Group of Companies, is the largest wholly Australian farmer owned and operated producer of quality pork products. With over 21 production sites throughout Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia.