NEW STAFF NEEDED - 17FEB2020
South Stradbroke is an island about 10 minutes off the gold coast. We run a small camping area here. The majority of work is taking care of the camp grounds (South and North Currigee, google this to get an idea of where we are). Work will generally be repairs around the camp grounds, cleaning, gardening, and general maintenance.
- Take the boat out fishing (We have a small boat which is able to be driven without a licence)
- Use the paddle boards to cross between the islands on the calm water side.
- Snorkelling on the rocks on the southern tip.
- There is a world class surf spot at the Southern end of the island and smaller waves in front of our house for beginners. (We have a variation of hard and soft surfboards for you to borrow).
- Take the boat to the shops (runaway bay shopping centre is on the water)
- Go fishing and crabbing with crab pots
- Have a fire on beach
- Drive the boat to one of the islands beach resorts.
- Take the dog for a walk.
- I also go spear fishing usually once a week to get fish for dinner. If you would like to give this a try you are welcome to come with me (you will only be snorkeling until you have proven yourself safe).
Accommodation is in a cabin about 80m from the calm water and about 300m from the surf side of the island. The cabin is in a conservation park where you will commonly see kangaroos and other wildlife.
Backpackers have their own hangout area next to their cabin with air con, WiFi, couches, and projector screen. You also will have your own refrigerator, kettle, microwave, sink, toaster and BBQ to cook your own food.
This is a work for food and accommodation position to help out with whatever needs doing for the day for usually about 3 hours (sometimes more sometimes less).
We do have two dogs named Yarra and Gilbert, so if you don't like or are allergic to dogs please keep that in mind.
If you would like to apply for this position, send through your resume, and why you believe you'd be the best candidate for the job.
Applications are only taken via the backpacker job board website.
Emily + Lachlan
Postcode: 4216 (Gold Coast, Gold Coast)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
South Stradbroke Water Sports
Member since: March 2018
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism