Parkside is a 70 plus year old large company with divisions in saw milling, timber manufacturing, land and property development, home construction and retirement industries. The timber division, Parkside Timbers, now processes a total of 150,000 cubic metres of hardwood annually through its nine mills in Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia. This makes us the largest hardwood processor in Australia.
Greenbushes is a timber and mining town located in the South West region of Western Australia.
About the role:
If you would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are not afraid of a challenge, Greenbushes mill could be looking for you! Your tasks might include:
• General labouring/trade assistant tasks
• Processing and packing work
• Manual handling of timber
• Assisting with stocktake
• To ensure timber stacked is tallied and packaged to specification.
• To set aside any material which is not up to specified grade
• Ability to meet deadlines and goals
• Ability to work as part of the team and individually
• Be physically fit and able to perform repetitive manual handling tasks
• Sound numeracy and literacy skills
• Ability to show initiative and motivation
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to comply with and adhere to Parkside Policies and Procedures
What we can offer:
• Cheap accommodation on site
• Competitive above award hourly rates
• Ongoing training and development
• Secure ongoing employment
Please note - successful candidates will be required to undergo drug and alcohol screening.
How to apply:
If you have what it takes to be a Mill Hand, we would like to hear from you. Applications including a covering letter and resume should be forwarded to .
Serious applicants, who reside in or have the ability to relocate to Greenbushes, need only apply.
Postcode: 6254 (Greenbushes, Western Australia)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: November 2020