Head Chef/ Qualified Chef
Starfish Batemans Bay is seeking an outstanding Head Chef, and also a qualified chef. Located on the NSW South Coast, we are one of the most stunning waterfront dining venues in Australia. With the capacity to seat 100+ patrons, and also host functions candidates must be highly experienced and professional. Come and work for a newly revamped restaurant in a beautiful coastal setting.
The successful Head Chef candidate will:
• Manage a team of kitchen staff including rostering and general supervision
• Implement menu planning
• Be responsible for food costings, stock control and food ordering
• Control and manage a kitchen budget
• Maintain excellent health and hygiene standards
• Be responsible for staff recruitment and training and developing existing team members.
• Be able to work weekends and holidays
The successful Chef candidate will:
• Cook outstanding food
• Monitor prep work
• Ensure impeccable presentation and garnishing
• Manage food provisions
• Ensure the quality of ingredients and correct food storage
• Be responsible for using and cleaning kitchen equipment
• Organise and supervise the work of other kitchen staff (e.g. kitchen assistants, dishwashers etc.)
Skills and Qualifications:
• Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
• Outstanding culinary skills and attention to detail
• The ability to inspire and lead a team of talented chefs
• The ability to manage a budget and keep accurate records
• Good organisation and management skills
• 55 to 75k depending on experience plus generous bonuses and superannuation
Postcode: 2536 (Batemans Bay, New South Wales)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: August 2020
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism