Sunny Ridge is a successful and unique privately owned agri-foods business growing strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. With operations in Victoria and Queensland, farming across multiple locations and partnering with industry leaders and major customer groups. Sunny Ridge is one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the dynamic agri-foods industry.
The business has vacancies for the role of Team working on our Seville farm, in the beautiful Yarra Valley, Victoria.
Reporting to the Harvest Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Induction and training of pickers on best practices regarding harvest techniques
• Ensure the field hygiene and health and safety practices are respected at all times
• Ensure the customer’s needs are at the front of mind when picking high quality fruit
• Organize rotation of workers within the team and crops
• Get to know each worker, work on motivating and encouraging the individual to achieve better results every day
• Focus on the individual that is underperforming- spend time with the person, asses where the person is going wrong and address the issue
• Coordinate the required materials for the job such as: crates, punnets, buckets etc.
• Report to the Harvest Manager each day regarding productivity, meeting daily requirements, picking conditions
• Drive the efficiencies and productivity within the team/teams, and produce daily reports on performance
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Very good eye for detail, observe trends and patterns and pick up ways to bring efficiencies into the team
• Willing to lead from the front, working hands on in the field
• Excellent personal and communication skills
• Confidence in managing large number of people with a diverse cultural background
• Sound English-speaking skills, with the ability to speak multi languages highly regarded
This is a seasonal, casual opportunity working from March 2021 to May Excellent availability will be highly regarded as there will be an opportunity to work up to 6 days per week, each week including weekends and public holidays with shift times vary according to operational needs.
You must have your own transport as there are minimal public transport available to our farms.
You must have valid working rights in Australia to apply.
Postcode: 3139 (Seville East, Victoria)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: October 2019
Sunnyridge Strawberry Farms employs over 1000 people nationwide. We harvest Strawberries, Raspberries and Blueberries. A major benefit of having various sites throughout Australia is that it means we can achieve year round production for our customers.
Farming, Animals & Conservation