We live and work on Qld's largest cattle station, located in south-western Queensland. Mum works in the business and also teaches school of the air full-time to the elder three boys (7yrs, 7yrs, 5yrs) whilst the youngest (16months) needs someone who can give him care and attention throughout the day.
Tasks involved include:
- care of 16-month old boy (primary responsibility);
- moving sprinklers;
- staying on top of light household duties such as keeping the kitchen/lounge clean and tidy.
- supervise the older boys after school sometimes;
- mowing lawns with ride-on lawn mower;
- domestic work such as cleaning guest accommodation before/after visitors have been;
- helping organise and get on top of office filing;
- cooking the occasional meal for a small handful of people if the cook is away.
- Hours of work generally: 6.30am-5.30pm with 1.5 hours of meal breaks during the day;
- Accrue 7 weeks annual leave over a 12-month period;
- Accommodation (aircon donga room) and meals provided free of charge.
- Approx 20GB internet data per month.
- Staff of 16 people, with majority under the age of 27.
- We have a station cook who provides hot nutritious meals to the staff when she is based at the station with the stock camp.
Things to consider:
- Company policy does require you to be Q Fever Vaccinated or to have a Dr sign a waiver form if you don't wish to get the Q Fever Vaccination.
- there is no mobile phone service for 250km from our location. Internet wi-fi calling works fine though.
- we are located 4 hours drive from our nearest larger town (Winton Q 4735)
- we are unable to provide a vehicle for private use however the staff do often travel in their own vehicles to nearby towns socialise.
- Your primary role will be to support mum in the care of young Freddie and any other responsibilities that help make her life easier. There will be no outside station work involved in this position.
Attributes we're looking for:
- previous experience looking after a young child;
- someone who can work autonomously and enjoys their own company (and that of a toddler)
- someone who can go-with-the-flow when plans change;
- initiative to plan your own day with young Freddie and find things to do together to make it an enjoyable experience for you both.
Postcode: 4735 (Winton, Queensland)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Paraway Pastoral Company Ltd - Davenport Downs
Member since: December 2018
Farming, Animals & Conservation