Parkside is a 70+ year old, large company with divisions in saw milling, timber manufacturing, land and property development, home construction and retirement industries. The timber division, Parkside Timbers, now processes a total of 150,000 cubic metres of hardwood annually through its nine mills in Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia. This makes us the largest hardwood processor in Australia.
We are seeking applications for Mill hands to work at our Wandoan Timber Mill. Wandoan is situated in the Western Downs Region of Queensland, Australia approximately 400 kilometres North West of Brisbane.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are not afraid of a challenge, Wandoan Mill could be looking for you! Your tasks might include:
• General labouring/trade assistant tasks
• Processing and packing work
• Manual handling of timber
• Grading of timber
• Ensuring timber is stacked, tallied and packaged to specification.
• Ability to meet deadlines and goals
• Ability to work as part of the team and individually
• Be physically fit and able to perform repetitive manual handling tasks
• Sound numeracy and literacy skills
• Ability to show initiative and motivation
• Ability to take direction and comply with and adhere to Parkside Policies and Procedures.
What we can offer:
• Attractive above award hourly rates
• Reasonable relocation costs for successful applicant
• Subsidised on-site accommodation (basic level) effectively zero per week for the right applicants
• 38 hour week and rostered day off each month
• Attendance bonus up to $1000 each quarter (conditions apply)
• Secure ongoing permanent employment.
Please note - successful candidates will be required to pass drug and alcohol screening.
How to apply:
If you have what it takes to be a Mill Hand, we would like to hear from you. Applications should include a covering letter and resume.
Serious applicants, who reside in or have the ability to relocate to Wandoan, need only apply.
Postcode: 4419 (Wandoan, Queensland)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: April 2021