JMB Environmental Consulting Pty Ltd (asbestos Labs) is an innovative, multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with offices and NATA accredited laboratories in Sydney and Canberra.
We specialise in asbestos and hazardous materials management, occupational hygiene, indoor air quality, mould and moisture assessments and NATA accredited laboratory services.
Based in Alexandria, Sydney, we have an exciting opportunity for an Asbestos Consultant to help kick our asbestos goals throughout NSW and the ACT, and help promote our purpose of improving health and wellbeing within the workplace and home. How does the following sound to you:
- Work in a great team with an awesome culture
- Full-time permanent position
- Exceptional opportunity to join a disruptive organisation
- Work with cutting edge asbestos software - no more weeks of report writing!
- Work on some interesting and challenging asbestos projects
- Opportunity to work under superb asbestos mentors
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- MacBook and iPhone or allowance
- Yours and your dependants birthdays off as extra annual leave
- Be part of a strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking organisation
Working with an awesome team across a variety of industry sectors, you will help deliver on our asbestos sector commitments, drive internal quality, and drive external quality with a view to improving the hazardous materials industry. The role requirements include but are not limited to:
- On site completion of asbestos and other hazardous materials surveys, from targeted sampling reports to pre demolition surveys
- Survey report preparation and technical review
- Air monitoring and clearances during asbestos removal projects in accordance with in house process, industry legislation
- Provide guidance and direction to site operators during asbestos removal projects
The Successful Candidate:
We are looking for a person with the following experience and attributes. Travellers are welcome!
A proven track record of surveying a range of properties
Attention to detail
The ability to follow process
The ability to accept and enjoy accountability
A ‘just do it’ mentality
A willingness to listen, learn and continuously improve (we will fully reciprocate)
Relevant education/qualifications and/or experience desirable but not essential.
- Experience undertaking asbestos surveys
- Knowledge of airborne fibre monitoring
- Knowledge of 4 stage clearance inspections
- Ability to undertake airborne fibre counting
- P402 Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings (British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS), or equivalent (RSPH Level 3)
- Any other asbestos related vocational certificates from the BOHS
If this sounds like you, please get in touch by emailing james on .
Postcode: 2015 (ALEXANDRIA, New South Wales)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
JMB Environmental Consulting Ltd
Member since: May 2021