Come and experience Victoria’s High Country and work in our iconic Hotel & Motel. Only 3.5 hours from Melbourne in the heart of the Alpine National Park our town Harrietville is a popular destination year round destination for skiers, campers, hikers, cyclists, mountain bikers, dirt bikers and 4wders.
What’s in it for you?
- Professional team to work with in fun country pub atmosphere with owners who are passionate about food being the focus of their successful Hotel business.
- Plenty of scope for progression for the right candidate.
- Great quality staff accommodation included with the job
- Regular food events & weekly specials featuring the best of local produce will ensure you are always learning
- Creative input in an ever changing menu
- 30% staff discount on drinks and food at the venue
- The seasonal nature of our business and amazing location allows a great work life balance.
A bit about us…
- Our Hotel has become a local food, beer & wine destination serving a growing four season tourist market and with strong local following.
- Locally based owners passionate about making our iconic Country Pub the best it can be.
- Over 13 years we have focused on continual improvement of our property, infrastructure and processes so while it looks like a classic old pub it has all new running gear!
Who we’re looking for…
- A Chef De Partie or Apprentice with a minimum 1 year experience in a high paced kitchen environment
- Passion for great quality food & ambition to progress as a professional chef
Strong work ethic
- Understanding of and the ability to maintain food safety standards and HACCP
- Ensure all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards
- The ability to cook consistently as part of a team or autonomously.
- Committed and reliable.
- Excellent time management skills
Harrietville is an amazing place to live year round. We have a great young team, host plenty of live music and when you’re not working you’ll have plenty of time for;
Mountain Biking & Hiking – with Mt Feathertop right on our doorstep.
Fishing- great trout fishing in the ovens river.
Skiing & Boarding in winter at Mt Hotham…only 30km away.
Interested?...Check out our website www.snowlinehotel.com.au and email a current cv and application letter to
Postcode: 3741 (Harrietville, Victoria)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
The Snowline Hotel
Member since: October 2011
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism