General Hand / Maintenance-Spectacular Kimberley Region-Remote Western Australia
Looking to spend a season at an amazing coastal location?
Escape the rat race!!
We are seeking an experienced General Hand / Maintenance for this family owned resort set amongst a pristine and untouched environment. The resort's aim is to provide guests with an unforgettable and unique wilderness experience whilst leaving a minimal impact on the surrounding landscape.
The resort features accommodation, restaurant, bar, swimming pool, tour operation, day spa + water sports activities.
Accommodation and Meals $83.00 per week
50% of board & lodging deducted will be refunded at the end of the contract term
• Assist with general maintenance duties around the property, including but not limited to basic plumbing, basic carpentry duties, use of power tools and other equipment
• Assist with or conduct repairs and servicing of power generators.
• All aspects of remote property maintenance and entry access roads.
• Removal of rubbish and maintain clean and safe common areas
• Assist in other departments as directed and when required
• Maintain all areas of self-sustainable practices on site – Waste management program, septic treatment plant, water resource, power station.
• General maintenance of fleet of vehicles and machinery on site
• Ensure fleet presentation is carried out regularly.
• Use of farm and earth machinery including bobcat, tractors, 4WD.
• Event setup and pack down of weddings and private events
• Daily pool maintenance and chemical control to ensure safe pool operations.
• Undertake refuelling procedures to ensure continuous resort operation.
• High guest relations skills – always friendly demeanour
• Safari tent maintenance and repairs – seasonal tent duties i.e. cleaning pack down etc.
• Fire wood collection and safe use of chainsaw operations on a regular basis.
• Must have previous maintenance experience
• Ability to trouble shoot problems and find solutions.
• Must be able to work autonomously
• Knowledge of basic plumbing & carpentry
• Hold a current Manual driver’s License
• Have neat & tidy presentation
• Be able to live and work in a remote destination
• Have a love of the outdoors and environment
• Must be physically fit
Additional Staff Information:
Accessible via car or via bus transfers from Broome
Staff are provided with free transfers from Broome
Staff have access to an air-conditioned staff lounge room, fully functional kitchen and outdoor area
Caravan parking is available for candidates with their own accommodation
Access is available to water sports equipment
Telstra Mobile Coverage ONLY. Wifi is available if you have a Telstra WIFI device
Are you ready to take the leap into your remote adventure??
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
MLKA Hospitality Recruitment
Member since: December 2020
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism