Governor’s Lodge Resort on Norfolk Island are seeking chefs who are passionate about delivering memorable guest experiences. We are looking for energetic, driven and professional, but not limited to Sous chefs and chefs to work within our 2 cafes & restaurant.
- Proven experience in high volume restaurants, a la carte environment, hotels, commercial kitchen or catering company.
- Have a passion for food and innovative design, coupled with a strong work ethic, taking pride in the quality and consistency of the food you produce.
- Excellent presentation and impeccable grooming standards.
- A great passion, pride and enthusiastic for your work. We want you to come to work with a positive, friendly and can do attitude.
Sous chefs, must have at least three years’ experience in that role and qualifications in commercial cookery. Strong leadership skills, assist to train and develop and motivate the team. Ability to think outside the box and develop new menu ideas. Display a high level of professionalism and driven to hit monthly targets. Efficiently maintain high standards of service while operating in a fast pace kitchen environment. Be available and flexible to work to a full time rotational roster, including breakfast, nights, weekends and public holidays. Work rights in Australia, RSA, food handler’s certificate or the ability to do so.
What’s in it for you?
- An amazing opportunity to work in a stunning and unique island life environment.
- Be part of a wonderful community where your contribution is valued and appreciated.
- Flexible rosters and very good work conditions
- Full benefits
- Generous salary package
- An opportunity to grow and develop your career in one of the largest privately owned companies on Norfolk island
We require you to commit to stay for at least 6 months (hopefully you will love it & stay longer!). We will provide your flight over from Brisbane or Sydney, and can assist with subsidised sole use self-contained accommodation. E-bikes are also provided to staff to commute & explore our beautiful island.
If you think you have what it takes to join our large friendly team at Governor’s lodge Resort - Wave Hospitality Group Pty Ltd and would like the opportunity to work and live on beautiful Norfolk island, APPLY now! We would love you to start ASAP!
Governors Lodge Resort is a division of the Wave Hospitality Group Pty Ltd
Postcode: 2899 (Norfolk Island, Norfolk Island)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: January 2021
Governor’s Lodge is a serene retreat of 55 individual units, set in 12 acres of landscaped sub-tropical gardens dotted with majestic Norfolk Pines.
It has recently come under new ownership, and after being closed during COVID for refurbishments we are now open & looking for new staff to join our team & enjoy the Island lifestyle. There is a pool, cafe & modern Australian restaurant onsite.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism