Governor’s Lodge Resort on Norfolk Island are seeking chefs who are passionate about delivering memorable guest experiences. We are looking for energetic, driven and professional staff to work within our 2 cafes & restaurant.
- Proven experience in high volume restaurants, a la carte environment, hotels, commercial kitchen or catering company.
- Have a passion for food and innovative design, coupled with a strong work ethic, taking pride in the quality and consistency of the food you produce.
- Excellent presentation and impeccable grooming standards.
- A great passion, pride and enthusiastic for your work. We want you to come to work with a positive, friendly and can do attitude.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Display a high level of professionalism.
- Efficiently maintain high standards of service while operating in a fast pace kitchen environment.
- Be available and flexible to work to a full time rotational roster, including breakfast, nights, weekends and public holidays.
- Work rights in Australia, RSA, food handler’s certificate or the ability to do so.
What’s in it for you?
- An amazing opportunity to work in a stunning and unique island life environment.
- Be part of a wonderful community where your contribution is valued and appreciated.
- Flexible rosters and very good work conditions
- Full benefits
- Generous salary package
- An opportunity to grow and develop your career in one of the largest privately owned companies on Norfolk island
Working on Norfolk Island in the tourism/hospitality field is now eligible for 2nd & 3rd year WHV extensions!
Couples or friends travelling together are welcome- please upload both resumes. (see our other job ad for resort all rounders)
If you think you have what it takes to join our large friendly team at Governor’s lodge Resort - Wave Hospitality Group Pty Ltd and would like the opportunity to work and live on beautiful Norfolk island, APPLY now! We would love you to start ASAP!
Governors Lodge Resort is a division of the Wave Hospitality Group Pty Ltd
Postcode: 2899 (Norfolk Island, Norfolk Island)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: January 2021
Governor’s Lodge is a serene retreat of 55 individual cabins, set in 12 acres of landscaped sub-tropical gardens dotted with majestic Norfolk Pines. There is a pool, cafe & modern Australian restaurant onsite.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism