Fulcrum3D Field Technician and Workshop Hand
Fulcrum3D is an innovative Australian technology company providing the renewable energy industry with wind and solar measurement, monitoring and forecasting technology. Fulcrum 3D (www.fulcrum3d.com) is a growing company with excellent opportunities for career progression.
They are currently seeking a Field Technician and Workshop Hand for field installation and maintenance and to assist in the manufacture, installation and commissioning of electro-mechanical equipment (Fulcrum3D Sodar, Fulcrum3D CloudCAM and Fulcrum3D monitoring systems). General workshop, assembly or fabrication experience is essential, and a trade certificate or qualification is beneficial.
The role requires NSW and interstate travel and we expect that, for the right person, it would involve overnight trips on an average of 2 to 3 days a week installing and maintaining wind and solar power monitoring equipment in rural areas and/or on wind and solar farms. It is a fulltime role so the remaining time would be as a workshop hand in our Artarmon workshop.
The travel component is significant and is to some remote (and often beautiful) parts of Australia. Relevant training will be provided but you would need to be comfortable with driving long distances and towing a trailer.
All expenses reimbursed.
This position is likely to suit someone with exceptional attention to detail, time management and collaborative working skills. You will be able to effectively liaise with clients and our internal team members.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Field installation and maintenance.
• Assisting with general workshop duties (cutting, drilling, threading, assembling units etc.) as required.
• Assisting in general electrical duties (soldering, assembling motherboards, basic wiring, fault-finding) as required.
• System installation on site (usually solar farms and wind monitoring sites in regional Australia).
• Loading and unloading of incoming freight and manual handling of sodar units.
• Maintaining a safe and clean workshop.
Skills and Experience:
• Treat the safety of yourself and others as a priority.
• Drivers licence essential.
• White card essential.
• Basic hand & power tool experience.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Highly motivated and willing to learn.
• Ability to work autonomously or part of team.
• Ability to travel throughout Australia.
• Motivated, reliable and flexible.
Other Desirable attributes:
• First aid certificate.
• Working at heights.
• Renewable energy industry knowledge.
• Around $30/hour depending on experience.
• Travel bonus for every night spent away from home (in addition to reimbursed expenses).
Postcode: 2064 (Artarmon, Sydney)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: May 2021