Chef / Cook-Iconic Hotel-Outback Queensland
Escape the city today and experience remote Australia!!
Take the leap today!!
We are seeking an experienced Chef / Cook for this iconic hotel located in Outback Queensland.
Commencing immediately – until October / November (dependent on season)
Full time role – seasonal contract
Plus shift penalties, double time on 6th rostered day of each week, overtime when required, Superannuation, accrued sick leave and 4 weeks per year accrued annual leave.
6 day week (overtime available – estimated equivalent to $60k / year)
Split Shifts (either b/fast / lunch or lunch / dinner)
Accommodation and Meals $120 / week
Own room – shared amenities (shared staff house)
Flights are arranged on the employee’s behalf. If the contract is not completed, the cost of the airfares are deducted from the final pay.
- Cooking across a variety of shifts with supplied menu
- Working closely with the Head Chef
- Assisting with stock ordering and cost control
- Doing Prep
- Making Staff Meals
- Washing dishes from time to time
- General Cleaning
- Working as part of a great team (3-4 in kitchen)
- Current Food Safety Certificate essential.
- Own knives and Chef uniforms required.
- Interviews for this role are carried out via skype or video call.
- Candidates must be aware that the kitchen is strictly a drug and alcohol free environment.
- Must be prepared to handle extra over time hours during busy tourism periods and adapt to changes in structure and procedures during these peak periods.
- The hotel hosts several very large events over the year
- Previous Remote work highly regarded
Optus and Telstra mobile coverage available
What are you waiting for? Take the leap into your new life!
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
MLKA Hospitality Recruitment
Member since: December 2020
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism