The Hotel Receptionist is responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming and efficient service to all hotel guests, in line with the hotel’s vision and values on customer satisfaction. The main purposes of the hotel reception area’s staff are to respond courteously to guests’ requests, play a part in the general running of the reception desk and help the Office Manager to maintain a smooth room bookings service.
• Meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to ensure a superb customer service experience.
• To build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly to maintain high quality customer service.
• To deal with guest requests to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay.
• To assist in dealing with customer complaints in an effective and courteous manner,
• Providing or seeking solutions as quickly as possible.
• To be responsible for accurate and efficient accounts and guest billing processes.
• To assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy at all times.
• To undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing and switchboard, to ensure the smooth running of the reception area.
• To administer all routes of reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately.
• To ensure that all reservations and cancellations are processed efficiently.
• To keep up to date with room prices and special offers to provide accurate information
• To report any maintenance, breakage or cleanliness problems to the relevant manager.
• To administer the general petty cash system and float in an accurate manner.
• To undertake all training as required (eg, first aid, health and safety, customer service).
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Newman Hotel and Capricorn Bar and Grill
Member since: November 2018
Escape the heat or simply stay at the Newman Hotel, while you work and enjoy an array of corporate rates, offerings to make your stay comfortable. The Newman Hotel offers modern amenities and delicious food.