HBW Foodservice is a local, privately owned and run Wholesale Food Distribution Company servicing Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Burrum Heads, Howard, Childers, Bundaberg and Biggenden.
HBW Foodservice aims to be the best, most professional and innovative leader in Food Distribution in Queensland, offering the highest standard of service quality and safety to our customers.
We are currently looking for packers for our Hervey Bay warehouse. We have openings on 1st and 2nd shift, starting pay at $25-28 p/hr, plus attendance bonus weekly.
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE ON DAYS AND NIGHT SHIFT, 4/5 DAY.
• Packs/wraps orders as required by item/delivery type, and prepares for delivery
• Pick and package a variety of food items that require a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
• Properly pack cartons to ensure secure and safe transport
• Identifies quality issues and alerts quality control operators.
• Responsible for packing job according to specifications. Establishes counts, quantities, product orientation, etc.
• May operate a pick truck or hoist to pull inventory from the warehouse.
• Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage.
• Use proper lifting techniques and methods
• Responsible for transferring and obtaining clear; accurate information at shift changes.
• May assist in placing incoming items in inventory
• Ability to perform tasks under pressure, and within a deadline driven environment
• Ability to handle detail oriented work to insure proper items and quantities are picked to arrive at customers in good condition.
• Must be able to speak English with proficiency sufficient to communicate with customers and co-workers, and read/write English with proficiency sufficient to read/complete job-related paperwork
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Postcode: 4655 (Hervey Bay, Queensland)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: June 2021