Warburton Roadhouse is seeking an All-Rounder Couple / Singles to assist the Roadhouse Managers to ensure the satisfactory operation of the Roadhouse.
- To ensure that all sales and related duties are carried out effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Undertake the honest, accurate, efficient, and effective operation of all points of sale (e.g., checkouts, take-away, credit sales and fuel).
- Assist the Roadhouse Managers in the regular conduct of;
o stock takes and ordering
o maintenance and development of retail displays
- Assist with the preparation of meals and take-away food.
- Ensure that nutritional snacks and meals are available to community members and guests.
- Clean and maintain motel rooms and backpacker accommodation, report any repairs needed to Manager.
- Assist with the maintenance of campgrounds.
- Clean ablution blocks daily.
Desired Skills and Experience
1. Ability to work with and under the direction of traditional Aboriginal people in a “dry” (no alcohol) community.
2. Previous experience working in a Roadhouse or comparable retail enterprise.
3. Basic problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
4. Well-developed organisational, and planning skills.
5. Good numeracy and written and oral communication skills.
6. Ability to use stock control and word processing computer programs.
7. Ability to operate cash registers, store refrigeration and other equipment, and identify minor faults.
8. Knowledge of the storage and display requirements of refrigerated and general stock.
9. Basic knowledge of stock control principles.
10. Ability to operate maintenance equipment such as lawn mower, brush cutter.
11. Ability to maintain high standard of hygiene for ablution blocks and accommodation.
12. Current drivers’ licence.
1. Basic knowledge of and commitment to the principals of Aboriginal self-determination at the Community level especially as it relates to management, employment, training and enterprise development.
2. Basic knowledge and understanding of aboriginal history, culture, and contemporary aboriginal political, social, cultural and economic issues.
3. Forklift drivers’ licence.
These positions come with a rate of $ 31.77 per hour (Level 1.3), which includes 25% casual loading and district allowance.
Closing Date for applications by
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Ngaanyatjarra Council Group
Member since: July 2021