This year, we require around 1500 people to join us to help receive and store South Australian and western Victorian growers’ grain during harvest.
Most of our harvest jobs are available from approximately October 2021 to January 2022, subject to site location and the timing of the season. There is also the opportunity for some to stay on further into the year.
• General grain handling
• Bunker operations
• Weighbridge operations
• Grain classification
• Supervisory roles
What we offer:
• Role based training
• Supervised team environments
• Personal protective equipment required for the role provided (high-visibility clothing, gloves, glasses and hard hat)
• Possible opportunities to travel with the harvest and work across southern Australia
• Paid under applicable Enterprise Agreement/Award rates
• Potential for ongoing positions after harvest
• Work may assist in gaining the Australian governments AgMove relocation assistance
• Work may assist in gaining second year Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
• Assistance with accommodation is available for some locations
Locations which we are recruiting for harvest workers include:
• Western region (Eyre Peninsula) – open on 23 July 2021
• Central region (mid and lower northern areas and Yorke Peninsula) – open on 23 July 2021
• Eastern region, including Dooen (Murray Mallee and south east area) – open on 30 July 2021
• Adelaide laboratory and Adelaide office – open on 30 July 2021
• Adelaide region (Adelaide ports) – open on 20 August 2021
• Narrabri (New South Wales) – open on 20 August 2021
To apply please visit our harvest jobs page at viterra.com.au.
Don’t forget to refer a friend to work the harvest with you in your application! If you refer or are referred and get the job with us, you and your friend may be eligible to receive one of 16 $150 vouchers to spend locally in the region you are working.
Please submit your application promptly as closing dates may end earlier as regions reach application capacity. Most harvest roles begin around October, therefore, if you are successful you may not be directly contacted to commence work until closer to this date.
You will be emailed our harvest jobs newsletter, which contains recruitment updates, business news and profiles from employees on their experience working the harvest with Viterra.
For more information regarding harvest jobs please visit our website, contact Viterra on , or email .
Please ensure only one email address is used per applicant. Multiple applicants can not submit applications from the same email address.
Viterra is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Viterra promotes a safety culture of zero harm and zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol in the workplace. As part of the recruitment process you may be required to attend a company funded pre-employment medical.
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Viterra Operations Pty Ltd
Member since: June 2016
We are Viterra, the agriculture network. We operate a storage and handling network where growers deliver grain into our sites, which we store and move to international and domestic markets on their behalf.
Each year, around 1500 people join us to help receive and store South Australian and western Victorian growers’ grain during harvest.