This year, Wilkens Group require around 15 people to join us to help receive and store grain for customers in the Warrackanbeal and surrounding rural areas
Most of our harvest jobs are available from approximately November 2021 to January 2022, subject to the timing of the season. There is also the opportunity for some to stay on further into the year.
• Monitor the flow of grain from truck unloading and onto equipment and into storage shed, silo, bunker).
• Ensure a clean work area (sweeping, shoveling and blowing down dust).
• Protect and cover the grain in our bunker storage using tarps.
• Operate equipment including tractors, augers and drive-over hoppers.
• General grain handling
What we offer:
• Role based training
• Supervised team environments
• Personal protective equipment required for the role provided
• Paid under applicable Enterprise Agreement/Award rates
• Potential for ongoing positions after harvest
• Work may assist in gaining the Australian governments AgMove relocation assistance
• Work may assist in gaining second year Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
• Assistance with accommodation is available.
To be considered for casual employment during harvest, you must:
• Be available to commence work from November 2021 through to January 2022
• Be at least 18 years old or have the permission of a parent / guardian if younger
• Be an Australian citizen or hold a valid work visa and provide proof of your right to work, and
• Be capable and willing to work in an outdoor and shift work environment.
We look forward to having you spend the summer with our team.
Postcode: 3393 (WARRACKNABEAL, Victoria)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Wilkens Group Pty Ltd
Member since: August 2021
Wilken Group is a family owned and operated group of businesses consisting of:
- Wilken Storage/Grain
- Wilken Bulk Haulage
- Wilken Engineering
- Werrigar Roadhouse and Fuel
- Warrack Home Timber and Hardware
Founded in 1982, Richard and Joy Wilken began with one truck dealing in the transportation of grain directly to Port. The business has greatly expanded over two and a half decades, and is now dealing with the receival and movement of thousands of tonnes of grain. Wilken Grain has become the largest private storage facility in Australia and has the ability to house over 100, 000 tonnes of Barley, Wheat, Canola and a vareity of pulses.
Also primary producers, the Wilken Family have the advantage of a growers perspective, giving local farmers the confidence to gain valuable advice regarding appropriate market assessments and decisions.
Farming, Animals & Conservation