We are a family farm located in WAs Great Southern near the Stirling Ranges (150km NE of Albany, 450km SE of Perth). We are seeking casual staff to join us for our upcoming swathing & grain harvest.
We have a contract swathing business that will be swathing canola from mid-September to mid-October, it will be a 12 hour shift on the swather for 4-6 weeks that will be followed by our grain harvest.
This year we will be harvesting approximately 3700ha which is made up of wheat, canola, barley and faba beans. We expect the season to start at the mid-late October through to Janurary, though this is weather dependent.
We are seeking staff with the following:
• Tractor driving experience (strongly preferred)
• Mechanically minded
• Current driver’s licence
• Can work long hours
• Shows initiative and has a positive can-do attitude
• Pay starting at $26/hr (but can increase based on experience, skills and performance)
• Operating swather for swathing & header for harvest
• Maintaining the machinery: daily greasing, fuelling, blow down etc.
• Misc. farm duties if weather does not permit harvesting: fencing, sheep work etc.
• Private rooms for on farm accommodation with shared common area.
• Meals provided while working.
• A farm vehicle can be provided for work.
These roles are open to Aussies & WHV holders with relevant experience. *Applicants must already be in Australia with a legal work permit. *Applications without a resume or references will not be considered.
Postcode: 6338 (Borden, Western Australia)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: August 2020
We are a broad-acre mixed cropping & sheep family farm located in the Great Southern of Western Australia near the Stirling Ranges.
Farming, Animals & Conservation