Discovery Parks has multiple roles in Western Australia for a qualified Chef or unqualified Cook on a full-time basis at Discovery Parks- Rottnest Island
The successful applicant will have a genuine love of the industry and of cooking. They will also enjoy inspiring others to achieve. This role is very much hands-on, requiring attention to detail and a positive work attitude.
A great work ethic is essential but a great energy and enthusiasm and absolutely key.
This is a full-time role offering a 38 hour working week with two days off per week.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Food preparation and cooking to order during service, private parties and functions
- Preparation, season and cooking of all dishes in our restaurant
- Able to work pans, grills, fryers efficiently
- Checking quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- Assist with staff training and mentoring
- Assist in menu design, implementation and costing both food and labour
- Assist in stock control and monitoring wastage
- Staff rosters
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Supplier liaison
- Ensuring safe work practices with focus on workplace health and safety
- Follow hygienic food handling practices
- It is preferable that you possess either a Certificate 3 or 4 in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent) and must have a least 3 years experience in commercial kitchens post qualification.
The salary range will be between $60,000 - $85,000 per year plus super depending on experience and role.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
How to Apply:
Discovery what matters - APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.
Postcode: 6161 (Rottnest Island, WA, Perth)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Discovery Holiday Parks
Member since: September 2021
Discovery Parks is Australia's largest owner operator of holiday and accommodation parks located in more than 80 of Australia's most desired locations.
It’s an exciting time for Discovery Parks. Since our inception in 2004 we have experienced extensive growth. We currently own and operate over 80 parks and employ over 1800 people throughout Australia. In addition to operating parks, we have the G'Day Rewards program – offering a community of mates exclusive deals and benefits at Australia’s largest network of holiday and workstay parks.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism