Jitjatjo is looking for passionate and hardworking talent like you who enjoy working in fast-paced kitchen environments.
Kitchen Hands are the backbone to any kitchen, maintaining a clean and efficient working area and supporting the wider kitchen team on basic prep duties during busy times. Successful Talent are responsive to requests, have strong food and hygiene practises and are excellent team players.
- Kitchen set up and breakdown
- Washing dishes including crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, and other kitchen items
- Unpacking and storing fresh food, dry store, and equipment
- Preparation of basic ingredients
- Support Cooks/Chefs and other kitchen staff as required
- Maintaining stock of kitchenware and supplies
- Cleaning, sanitising, and organising kitchen areas, including equipment, floors, bench tops, stovetops, ovens, and ranges
- Emptying all rubbish bins and arranging appropriately for disposal i.e. recycling, food waste
- Checking equipment and report any technical/performance issues or breakages
- Previous experience in a Back of House kitchen role
- Hands-on experience with commercial dishwashing machines
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks as required
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Must understand and execute Food Safety and sanitation protocols
- Physical ability to regularly lift/carry heavy equipment and stand for long periods of time
- A responsible and trustworthy team player
Postcode: 2000 (Sydney, Sydney)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: November 2021
Jitjatjo connects people in search of flexible work with casual Hospitality jobs that match their lifestyle.
As an On Demand staffing company, we have built a technology platform that uses AI to share the best available jobs near you. We hire trustworthy gig workers who are looking for side hustles, entry level jobs, or even seasonal shifts.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism