• $26.69 per hour for anyone 18 years and over (inc grade 2 award rate and casual loading)
• $25.77 per hour for anyone years old (inc grade 1 award rate and casual loading)
• Great flexibility - If you are a University student, a parent, or anyone who wants to enjoy flexible working hours, we can work around your schedule between our operating hours of 6am-6pm
• No previous experience required - We provide training onsite
• This is an active/physical role. The work will be repetitive, and you must be able to stand up for long periods of time.
• You do not need to be fluent in English, if you have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and important safety information, we have work for you in our supportive team environment
• We’re a successful, dependable company to work for and we take pride in taking care of our employees and providing a great team environment for you to work in and enjoy each and every day.
About The Role:
Our Production team are at the heart of our business. You will be working in one of the following sections of our laundry, depending on your suitability for each section:
• Counting In – Sorting/counting incoming linen and garments
• Washroom – This is our most physically active section, loading and unloading the washers and dryers, you will only be assigned here if you are physically capable.
• Ironers – Feeding linen and garments through our large rollers
• Garments – Hanging garments to pass through a steam tunnel
• Dry Cleaning – processing goods through our Dry-Cleaning machines
• Mending – Mending of garments and linen
• Dry Fold – Hand folding dry garments and small products
• Assembly – process and sort goods ready for our drivers to deliver to the customer
You will need:
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• Able to stand for long periods
• Reasonable level of personal fitness to meet the demands of the job
• Focus on working safely and caring for the safety of others
Prior experience as a process worker, pick/packer or in a hospital/hospitality environment that involved cleaning or laundry duties will assist you to get up and running quickly in your new role but is not essential.
If this position sounds like the right opportunity for you then click the ‘Apply for this job’ button to submit your application. We look forward to receiving your application.
ALSCO is the leading textile rental company in the world with a strong presence in many Australian industries - including hospitality, manufacturing, healthcare and mining. We are a committed group that takes pride in looking after our clients and employees and delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
A company with branches across all states of Australia and throughout Australasia, ALSCO is a mature, stable and successful business with strong support systems throughout the organisation and an ingrained culture of safety and continuous improvement.
As part of our recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which includes reference checking and health screening that involves drug and alcohol testing. Proof of Your Right to Live and Work in Australia must be presented at interview stage.
Alsco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Agencies please note: Alsco is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Alsco via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Alsco. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Alsco as a result of the referral or through other means.
Postcode: 2505 (Wollongong, Wollongong)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Alsco Pty Ltd
Member since: January 2022
At Alsco, we’ve been providing hygienic and sanitised professional textile rental services throughout Australia since 1963. Known for our commitment to cleanliness and hygiene, excellence in service, and our friendly approach, our services include a commercial linen service, an extensive uniform range, corporate clothing, chef uniforms and rubber floor matting.
Retail & Consumer Products