Jitjatjo is looking for passionate and energetic talent like you who enjoy working in fast-paced customer service environments.
Waiters provide exceptional customer service throughout the entire event or dining experience and assist with a wide variety of operational tasks. Successful Talent present themselves in a professional manner, have incredible knowledge of food, wines, and allergies whilst being able to up-sell and anticipate guest's needs.
- Perform pre- and post-event or service set up, pack down, and cleaning responsibilities
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival
- Be familiar enough with the location/event's menu and specials to make recommendations and answer questions
- Take customer orders and make adjustments as needed ensuring customers receive the correct orders
- Guide customers through menu items and checking any dietary requirements or allergies
- Work with fellow service teammates to ensure all of the guests' needs are met in a timely manner
- Remove used dish ware, cutlery, and glassware and maintain a tidy table for guests while dining
- Glass or cutlery polishing, sweeping, and trash removal as needed
- Take inventory of supplies and ordering new stock as required
- Remain positive and friendly when responding to customer complaints or issues
- Comply with food and beverage regulations, ensuring Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Check customers' identification as required to confirm they are of legal drinking age
- Assist with opening and closing duties such as setting tables and side stations, dining areas and ensure required items are stocked
- Handle customer payments through the establishment's register, POS system, or other payment processing system
- Adhere to the dress code, appearance, and grooming standards specified by management
- Previous experience as Wait Staff, Catering Waiter, or F&B Attendant in a restaurant or event venue
- Passion for hospitality and guest experience
- Hands-on experience with customer payments and transactions - cash and EFTPOS
- Experienced with multiple POS systems
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Patience and customer-oriented approach
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
- Customer conflict resolution skills
- Holds a valid RSA
- Physical ability and stamina to carry trays and stand for long periods of time and carry/lift heavy items
- A responsible and trustworthy team player
Postcode: 2026 (Bondi Beach, Bondi Beach)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: November 2021
Jitjatjo connects people in search of flexible work with casual Hospitality jobs that match their lifestyle.
As an On Demand staffing company, we have built a technology platform that uses AI to share the best available jobs near you. We hire trustworthy gig workers who are looking for side hustles, entry level jobs, or even seasonal shifts.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism