Jitjatjo is looking for passionate and hardworking talent like you who enjoy working in fast-paced kitchen environments.
Chefs are passionate about food and support the overall kitchen team with mise en place, station set up for service and run a section in a kitchen. Successful Talent multitask, follow strong food handling practises, manage their section keeping it clean and organised, communicate openly, operate with minimal supervision, and carefully follow direction or recipe cards for food service.
- Carefully follow standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
- Fulfil all mise en place and preparation lists prior to service
- Cook, bake, grill, sauté or fry all dishes as specified in the menu and prep sheet/recipe card
- Plate and garnish food items before table service
- Support, mentor, and guide junior Chefs or Cooks
- Support senior management (Sous or Head Chef) in tasks like ordering from suppliers, accepting and checking deliveries, checking prep, adjusting rosters, trialing or training new recruits
- Following service, replenish their section through ordering or prepping for the next service
- Follow safe and sanitary food handling practices according to local health and state laws
- Ensure that guest meals come out quickly, simultaneously, and consistently
- Communicate openly and professionally
- Maintain a positive and professional environment with coworkers and customers
- Has a strong understanding of dietary allergies/intolerances
- 1+ years experience as a Chef working in a commercial kitchen with appropriate qualifications and training
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, knife skills, ingredients, equipment, and procedures in the kitchen
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks with strong attention to detail
- Physical ability to lift/carry heavy equipment and stand for long periods of time
- Must understand and execute Food Safety and sanitation protocols
- Familiar with industry best practices
- Excellent verbal communication and organisation skills
- A responsible and trustworthy team player
- Supervising or management experience of other kitchen line staff is a plus
- Own Chef’s knife set may be required
- Certificate III or IV in Commercial Cookery or an International equivalent
Postcode: 2000 (Sydney, Sydney)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: November 2021
Jitjatjo connects people in search of flexible work with casual Hospitality jobs that match their lifestyle.
As an On Demand staffing company, we have built a technology platform that uses AI to share the best available jobs near you. We hire trustworthy gig workers who are looking for side hustles, entry level jobs, or even seasonal shifts.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism