Jitjatjo is looking for passionate and hardworking talent like you who enjoy working in fast-paced kitchen environments.
Cooks are passionate about food and support the leading Chefs with ingredient preparation, station service, and cooking dishes. Successful Talent multitask, operate with minimal supervision, and carefully follow directions for food service.
- Carefully follow standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
- Prepare, chop, slice, and cut all ingredient portions prior to cooking
- Cook, bake, grill, sauté or fry all dishes as specified in the menu and prep sheet
- Plate and garnish food items before table service
- Clean and maintain assigned workstation areas
- Follow safe and sanitary food handling practices according to local health and state laws
- Ensure that guest meals come out quickly, simultaneously, and consistently
- Maintain a positive and professional environment with coworkers and customers
- Previous experience as a Cook working in a restaurant, commissary kitchen, or catering environment
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, knife skills, ingredients, equipment, and procedures in the kitchen.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks with strong attention to detail
- Physical ability to lift/carry heavy equipment and stand for long periods
- Must understand and execute Food Safety and sanitation protocols
- Familiar with industry best practices
- Excellent verbal communication and organisation skills
- A responsible and trustworthy team player
Postcode: 2000 (Sydney, Sydney)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: November 2021
Jitjatjo connects people in search of flexible work with casual Hospitality jobs that match their lifestyle.
As an On Demand staffing company, we have built a technology platform that uses AI to share the best available jobs near you. We hire trustworthy gig workers who are looking for side hustles, entry level jobs, or even seasonal shifts.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism