We have two full-time Gardener/Homestead Maintenance roles, one at at Helen Springs and one at Brunchilly cattle station.
Helen Springs and Brunchilly stations are located in the Barkly Tablelands. The nearest town is Tennant Creek. The stations have lush green gardens and lawns surrounding the station complex, which includes a swimming pool and social club. The countryside is scenic with sunrises and sunsets that take your breath away. At these stations, our team enjoys a friendly and supportive workplace where career and personal growth is encouraged.
Reporting to the Station Manager, this incumbent is responsible for undertaking various gardening duties including maintaining large, well-established station gardens, along with the general cleaning, tidiness and maintenance of the station's buildings, guest accommodation and communal facilities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Practical experience in gardening and/or horticulture activities including planting, pruning, trimming, weeding, fertilising, mulching, mowing and watering
• Self-motivator and be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Good communication, organisational and time management skills
• A strong commitment to workplace health and safety practices
• A current driver’s licence
• Chemical User’s Accreditation (desirable)
• Qualification in a relevant area such as horticulture or landscaping (desirable)
See our Hancock Agriculture Facebook page or websites for more details and photos on locations: www.kidman.com.au/locations/helen-springs/
What we offer you
• Friendly, supportive team and community environment
• Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
• 7 weeks annual leave entitlements applicable to permanent employees covered by the S Kidman & Co Enterprise Agreement
• Quality home-cooked meals and single air-conditioned accommodation
How to apply
• apply online via www.kidman.com.au/employment-opportunities/
• email quoting FB-Gard2022. Please include your current resume with referees and a cover letter indicating your preferred location.
For enquiries please email Human Resources via
Please note: To apply for positions you must have the right to live and work in Australia
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: July 2021
Hancock Agriculture is a world-class agribusiness, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services. Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the country’s largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Farming, Animals & Conservation