CHEELA PLAINS STATION STAY, in the remote outback Pilbara region of Western Australia, offers an ideal stop over between the World Heritage Listed Ningaloo Reef and Karijini National Park. The facilities include a large oval lawn with 28 campsites, 25 rooms that utilize shared amenities and 4 ensuite rooms. Meals and full catering packages are available for company staff and guests in the Red Plains Café/dining room all year round. The Red Plains Café is open from 7:30am-2:30pm daily and is a popular rest stop for passing travellers. Customers range from tourists to corporate guests from the resources sector and/or road works. Guest attractions include 4X4 self-drive safaris, walking trails, vast 360-degree views from the epic Sunset and Cave lookouts, dark sky viewing and happy hour around the iconic Red Plains campground fire pit. The Station Stay is open to corporate guests year-round and open to tourists seasonally from April to October.
Couples and singles encouraged to apply.
Cheela Plains Station is seeking applicants to fill the positions of Hospitality All Rounders and Maintenance/Handy Man. This is a casual, full time, on-site position that requires an immediate start. The successful applicant will be “hands on” and should possess an enthusiastic, energetic and friendly personality. Experience in quality customer service is paramount. Being self-motivated, honest, and reliable with the ability to work independently or within a team environment are deemed essential attributes. The applicant must have the ability and willingness to experience the opportunity of living and working on a remote cattle station.
The duties include but are not limited to serving in the café, making lunches, cooking breakfasts, kitchen hand, maintaining a clean kitchen and dining room, allocating rooms, general cleaning of facilities, washing dishes, watering, mowing lawns and maintenance. We request flexibility in the roles as various other duties may arise you may be required for. We are open to tourists from 1 April to 31 October but remain open for corporate guests which may include mining company exploration and rehabilitation crews, road workers, etc. throughout the year.
Applicants must also demonstrate an ability to:
• Assist chef to prepare meals for up to 40 guests (occasional busy times may see up to 50 guests).
• Work in an organised and efficient manner to meet business requirements.
• Maintain a professional and courteous manner to all guests, staff and management.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently between management, front of house staff and our guests.
• Adhere to Work, Health and Safety and food safety standards.
• Maintain the kitchen and restaurant to food safety standards.
Additional skills/interests an advantage:
• Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing systems, general maintenance skills.
• Experience working with mechanical equipment and power tools.
• Previous experience working remote in similar Tourism/Hospitality.
• Previous experience in computer systems.
• Proven track record of attention to detail and good leadership and teamwork qualities.
• Ability to communicate with all members of staff and guests.
• Applied knowledge of WHS, Food Safety and HACCP regulations.
• An interest and knowledge of the night sky.
• An interest and knowledge of geology.
6 days/week, 8-10 hours/day
Accommodation is provided in a unit with an ensuite. Meals are supplied and on days off meals can be taken in the dining room or collected and eaten elsewhere.
• AHA Covid Hygiene On-Line Course
• Shire of Ashburton Food Safety and Handling On-Line Course
• Australian Tax File Number
• Australian Bank Account
• Superannuation (fund can be arranged through Cheela Plains Pastoral Co)
• COVID-19 XXX Vaccinated
We prefer our employees to be non-smokers, in a good measure of health and capable of lifting items up to 16 kg with ease. Due to the remote isolated area of Cheela Plains, information pertaining to pre-existing medical conditions such as Type 1 or 2 Diabetes, pre-existing back injury, etc is appreciated. Please refer to the Cheela Plains Station Stay website www.cheelaplains.com.au for more details on our business and location.
• Access to private gorges on Cheela Plains Station.
• Amazing Pilbara night sky.
• Experiencing life on a cattle station.
• VISA 417 sign off for café worker, kitchen hand and waiter
How To Apply
• Apply on-line
• For more information ring: .
Visit our website for more information about our unique outback station stay.
Postcode: 6754 (Paraburdoo WA, Broome)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Cheela Plains Pastoral Co
Member since: March 2022
CHEELA PLAINS STATION STAY, offers an ideal stop over along the long 669 km trip between the world heritage listed Ningaloo Reef and Karijini National Park. Meals and full catered packages are available for company staff and guests in the Red Plains Café/dining room all year round. Customers range from tourists to corporate guests from the resources mining exploration sector and/or road works.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism