We seek a Station Cook to work full-time hours (employed as a casual) and join our team at Riveren Station in the Northern Territory.
Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co. Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, is a world-class agribusiness and has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the country’s largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000 head.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, “happy healthy cattle are the best cattle”. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
Inverway and Riveren stations are located side by side in the picturesque, historic and naturally productive Victoria River District in the NT and are the gateway to the eastern Kimberly Region of WA. The nearest town is Katherine. Inverway and Riveren run a herd of 35,000 head that are mustered using horses, motorbikes and helicopters. There are over 20 employees between the two stations. All team members are encouraged to be active members of the region’s engaging wider community and to participate in the vibrant social scene. In a friendly, inclusive and respectful work environment, all team members are valued and play an integral role in the successful and smooth running of the station.
Reporting to the Station Manager, the cook at Riveren is responsible for planning, preparing and cooking nutritious meals for about 4 to 8 team members.
• Preparing tasty, nutritious, home-style meals four times a day (breakfast, morning tea, lunch and dinner)
• Menu and food stores planning
• Cleaning the kitchen, dining room and food storage areas
• Gardening which includes the mowing the lawns and shifting sprinklers
• Sound cooking experience and a passion for producing quality, wholesome food
• An understanding of dietary nutrition and food hygiene practices
• High level of organisation skills and ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to work in a safe manner
What we offer you
• Competitive remuneration
• Quality air-conditioned, self-contained accommodation
• Training and development opportunities
• Friendly, supportive team & community environment
• Transfer between stations
How to apply
• apply online via Hancock website; or
• email quoting SK-RIVCook. Please include your current resume with referees and a cover letter.
For enquiries please email Human Resources via
Please note: To apply for positions you must have the right to live and work in Australia
Postcode: 850 (Katherine NT, Northern Territory)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: July 2021
Hancock Agriculture is a world-class agribusiness, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services. Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the country’s largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Farming, Animals & Conservation