We are seeking our next live in au pair/farm-hand to join our family for an immediate start. We have hosted many times before so we have a track record with references available.
You key responsibility will be to care for our outgoing 9 year old daughter outside of school hours on some afternoons (drop & collect from activities - dance & tutoring) and overnight care when mother needs to travel for work (own business). Some care on weekends will be involved.
There will be plenty of opportunity to undertake extra work during school hours and the family can assist you to secure this extra work close to the farm.
We own a pony & it would be an advantage if you can horse ride so to help exercise the pony and support child with regular riding after school.
Responsibilities will involve
- school collection either from the school bus or the bus stop - 10kms from the farm
- drop & collect from dance 2 afternoons & tutoring on another day
- exercise pony if you have riding skills & supervise child riding
- care & supervision overnight if mother travelling and on weekends as pre arranged
- basic house cleaning, washing & assist in large garden
- tending to animals - dog, cats, chooks, pony (rug/unrug), check sheep & report any issues
- collect groceries and complete other errands as required
To be successful in this role you will
• Have a genuine love of children (kids can tell)
• An outgoing personality & enjoy a beer or wine at the end of the day!
• Be extremely organised, flexible (things change) & easy going,
• Have a can do attitude
• Not be afraid to get out around the farm, help out and get your hands dirty
• Willing to learn to ride a quad bike to help check sheep
• Assist with gardening, tree planting, watering & landscaping activities
• Must be a non-smoker – no exceptions.
We live on a farm 25mins from the regional city of Orange NSW so you MUST be a competent & safe manual transmission driver (we live on farm and there is some dirt road, a very cautious driving attitude is a must).
You will be supplied full board (accommodation/food/access to manual transmission car/wifi), superannuation & pay slips
Telstra is the best phone provider that has service at the farm. You will need to provide proof you hold a driver’s license & hold travel insurance.
Not be addicted to your smart device whilst trying to complete your responsibilities.
We produce fat lambs for market hence our position may not be ideal for a vegetarians or fussy eaters.
Hopefully that gives you a fair overview of what is on offer & what is expected.
You will be our 12th AuPair/Farmhand and we are still in contact with all our previous girls so you can reference check us ;)
Please EMAIL an up to date resume, your current location & when you could start.
Postcode: 2864 (Bowan Park, New South Wales)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Recruiting for Multiple companies
Member since: January 2015
Trades & Services