Melbourne Sports Centres are the premier multi-sport facilities in Victoria. We are here to serve sport, enabling sporting organisations and individuals to achieve peak performance, reach their potential and deliver world class events. By providing services, facilities and significant events for athletes and individuals on their journey in sport we aim to drive participation, activity, and well-being across Victoria. We want people to be excited about sport, engaged in healthy activity and feel inspired to be their best!
About the Food and Beverage Supervisor role
The key purpose of the F&B Supervisor role is to provide and ensure the highest level of service is delivered to all MSC customers. You will be providing supervision of the Food & Beverage team within our catering outlets and assisting with the organisation and delivery of a variety of exciting events held throughout our venue.
The Food and Beverage Supervisors key responsibilities include:
• Being the face of our café’s and catering services, engaging with all customers in a professional and enthusiastic manner
• Supervising and lead the team on shift by working cooperatively within a fast-paced team environment
• Supervising and processing food & beverage orders using POS systems. This includes balancing receipts and processing payments in cash and EFT
• Preparing food, cold beverages, and hot beverages as per required procedures and/or recipes
• Providing support and guidance for new staff through training, induction and ongoing development for new staff members
• Processing any stock orders that may be required for the venue
• Following opening and closing procedures and ensuring checklists are completed
• Following hygienic food and beverage handling procedures
• Adhering to the responsible service of alcohol and licensing provisions and standards
• Organising function and events, food, and beverage catering needs
• Any ad-hoc duties as required
The successful candidate will have experience in café, restaurant, or catering settings. You will have excellent communication and supervision skills to best support the F&B team, enabling them to provide high quality customer service to all patrons. We are looking for candidates who go above and beyond to create a welcoming and relaxing environment.
To be successful in the role you will need the required skills and knowledge below:
• Responsible Serving of Alcohol certificate
• Current Provide First Aid & CPR qualification
• Working with Children Check
• Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in staff supervision within a similar field
• Recognised Barista qualification or equivalent experience in utilising a commercial coffee machine and preparing coffees
If this sounds like you apply now!
Postcode: 3052 (Parkville, Victoria)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Melbourne Sports Centre
Member since: April 2022
Being your best is our business.
Everyone’s best is different and helping you achieve yours is why we’re here.
Melbourne Sports Centres are the home of high-performance sport in Victoria and are at the ready to support your sporting journey. From grassroots and community sport, personal fitness and health and excelling in a career in high-performance competition, we’ve got everything you need to succeed.
Sport & Recreation