A unique opportunity for an outgoing and active single or couple who enjoys the outdoors and a little bit of hard work to join The Woods Farm team for a min 8-week contract starting from 23rd June 2022.
About the property
The Woods Farm is a 40-acre farm stay accomodation and wedding venue located in Jervis Bay just 10-15min drive from some of the best beaches in the Shoalhaven area. The property houses 8 guest cottages and 18 glamping tents with the ability to host up to 120 guests at any one time. A big component of the property is the animals and the guest interaction with the animals, including goats, horses, cows, pigs, camels and chickens.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Open coffee cart and retail space in the morning working the first two hours of the day making and serving coffee for our guest.
- Assisting the grounds team with day to day maintenance duties and gardening.
- Animal care and cleaning
- Housekeeping of our onsite accomodation
- Covering overnight emergency phone 2 nights a week and managing any noise complaints or guest call outs (Tuesday and Wednesday Evenings)
Hours and Days off
- 5 days a week, 5-8 hour shifts per day.
- 2 days off a week (Sunday, Monday OR Monday, Tuesday)
- Morning shifts start 7:30AM
- Hours paid as per hospitality award
- 1 bedroom studio style apartment with built in kitchen, private bathroom
- shared laundry
- Use of property facilities including pool and pizza oven.
Postcode: 2540 (Jervis Bay, South Coast)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: February 2019
The Woods Farm is a farm stay property located in the south coast, surrounded by 1000 acres of Aussie bush and just a couple of minutes to the ocean's edge of Jervis Bay. Just 10 minutes away is the incredible Hyam's beach with its pure white sands and turquoise waters.
We offer luxury country accommodation for up to 120 guests; 8 cottages and 10 Glamping tents.
The accommodation is build on 40 acres of bushland and includes farm animals such as goats, ducks, alpacas, horses, ponies, cows, chickens and peacocks.
There's a communal outdoor pool and native kangaroos which roam the farm. Our one acre veggie and flower garden which we have established from scratch. We have planted 12,000 trees and plants on our land and are continuing to establish gardens throughout the property.
We are looking for a young, energetic backpacker who would like to come and stay at the property and help us with our morning operations and housekeeping.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism