Infrastructure Management Group is a Civil Engineering Consultancy providing inspection, analysis, and renewal programming of road corridor infrastructure for local government. We are the national leader in this field and provide services to over 280 local councils throughout Australia. We believe in secure employment opportunities for our staff and will provide clear pathways for continued contribution and advancement within our expanding organisation.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are offering full-time casual roles to meet our operational requirements and fit the flexible lifestyle choices of contemporary workers. You will work in partnership with like-minded co-workers, operating a range of on-board monitoring systems while navigating specialist surveying vehicles around the road networks of local municipalities. You may also work within a small team of skilled asset inspectors operating specialised footpath inspection vehicles which monitor the safety and service level of these important community assets.
You’ll join our staff of 50 engineers, scientists, technicians, and analysts based in our Melbourne or Sydney offices and you’ll work in a variety of interesting locations including most capital cities and over 100 regional areas around Australia. You will operate and care for our fleet of sophisticated road and footpath monitoring vehicles.
We will train you to the highest standards in all aspects of your employment requirements, including infrastructure condition monitoring, asset inspection and world best practice in public asset management operations.
You will travel extensively, working with different municipal governments in most Australian states and we will provide you with a comfortable standard of travel and accommodation wherever your role takes you.
You will require a positive and proactive attitude, along with:
• Minimum of 5 years of driving experience and excellent driving history.
• Efficient navigation skills with a strong ability to read maps and onboard GPS.
• A mature and considered disposition
• Basic Microsoft Office skills, specifically Word and Excel.
• Sound communication skills, both written and verbal.
• An ability to deal with a variety of personalities.
• An ability to grasp technical concepts and logically analyse problems
• An ability to use your initiative, and work with uncertainty while still meeting deadlines and balancing priorities to achieve best results.
• A current driver’s license with a good driving record and at least 5 years of experience.
• An ability to travel constantly, living and working in a range of different Australian cities and rural locations whilst adhering to Government directives regarding Covid19.
• A sound command of the English language to comprehend and convey detailed technical concepts and instructions clearly.
• A logical thinker who is technically minded with the ability to take initiative.
• Non-resident applicants must have at least 8 months left on an appropriate working visa.
• No prior experience required
• 40+ hrs p/w
• Competitive above award hourly rates of $30 – $33 per hour
• All training provided
Please forward your resume toand address the following in your response;
- Where in Australia are you currently located and are you willing to travel extensively.
- What year did you obtain your driver’s license and brief driving history.
Postcode: 2000 (Sydney, Sydney)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: July 2017
We are a Civil Engineering Consultancy specialising in the inspection and assessment of road corridor infrastructure for governments throughout Australia.