CAFÉ/GENERAL STORE MANAGER (FULL TIME)
We are seeking to employ a personable, friendly, energetic and hardworking person who would love to manage a café/general store on the Great Ocean Road .
As the Café Manager, you will have excellent food and barista knowledge and will act as a role model and leader, overseeing all areas of the business including:
• Day to day operations
• Ordering and managing stock
• Staff rostering, recruitment & training
• Food preparation and execution
• Managing stock levels
• Managing labour costs and budgets
• Working with suppliers
• Daily til reconciliation & settlement
Skills & Experience required:
• A minimum 2-3years in a similar role
• A ‘can do‘ pro-active’ attitude
• Experience in food preparation and execution including breakfasts
• Experience working in a fast paced environment during peak holiday periods.
• Experience training staff
• Proven track record for financial management and record keeping
• Attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Food quality control
• A tolerant/patient attitude with the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
• Competence with internet & spotify technology
• Food Supervisor Supervision Level 1 & 2 – essential (can do once employed)
• Experience/training as a barista
• Experience as a cook /food preparation/kitchen hand
• $64000 per annum – full time
• If you have a partner and want to relocate, the partner can work up to 22hrs per week on casual rates amounting to $36646 per annum.
• Shared Accommodation - Available onsite – nominal rent $150 rent per week for a couple.
• The living area/kitchen/bathroom to be shared with one or two other staff.
• Food expenses covered for breakfast/lunch .
About Kafe Koala General Store
The coastal hamlet of Kennett River is 2.5hrs from Melbourne and midpoint between Lorne and Apollo Bay on the Great Ocean Road. The town boasts a beautiful rural/coastal setting, native flora and fauna that attracts national and international tourists to the area.
The Café/General Store services the caravan park, holiday homes, and passing tourists and tour buses.
The café is the only store in town and delivers a range of takeaway/eat in meals including fish & chips,burgers, pizza. It offers souvenirs and local artisan food produce and gifts.
Please send your CV and cover letter to
Please include 3 references
Postcode: 3234 (KENNETT RIVER, Victoria)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Kafe Koala General Store
Member since: August 2018