Mercure Gold Coast Resort is an oasis located amongst expansive gardens on the Gold Coast. Overlooking the Oasis pool and the ninth hole of the Palm Meadows Golf Course, The Green Dining restaurant and bar welcomes our guests.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, this casual position is responsible for cleaning duties within the kitchens of the Resort. We are seeking a positive and genuine individual, who will embrace our Heartist culture. You will need to be a team player who can work collaboratively with your colleagues.
Part time and casual positions available.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS INCLUDE:
• Excellent communication skills and a high standard of grooming and personal presentation.
• The ability and flexibility to work across a seven day rotating roster, including late nights, weekends and public holidays.
• Previous experience in a commercial kitchen environment preferred; as to, an understanding of food safety requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Cleaning duties within the kitchen and all food preparation areas.
• Operate dishwashing machine as per instruction.
• General pantry duties and maintain cleanliness of pantry, fridges and freezers
• Assist in the preparation of food as directed by the Executive Chef or supervisory team when required.
• Ensure all kitchens are kept clean and tidy according to current Health & Hygiene regulations.
• Count, sort and prepare operating equipment as required.
• Ensure all operating equipment, crockery, cutlery & glassware is hygienically and safely stored.
• Ensure correct handling of chemicals and equipment as per manufacturer’s instructions.
• Contribute to cost control through energy conservation and the careful use of water, cleaning materials and other appliances
• Ensure garbage is collected and disposed of correctly from all kitchen areas each shift.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU:
• Working as part of a highly motivated and skilled team within a 292-room resort, spanning over 3.5 hectares of manicured gardens.
• A high standard of training with a focus on upskilling and Workplace Health & Safety.
• Potential for development opportunities within the Resort and Accor Hotels.
• Penalty rates for weekends, evenings and public holidays.
• Employee benefits within the exclusive ALLHeartist Program.
#workyourwaytoleadership #accorcareers #accorlivelimitless #accorhotels #itsgoodtobeus #benefitsyourway
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Postcode: 4211 (Carrara, Queensland)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Mercure Gold Coast Resort
Member since: April 2022
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism