MLKA Hospitality Recruitment specialises in remote, live in hospitality roles in remote, regional and outback areas Australia wide.
We are seeking a Cook/Kitchen Hand for a busy property located in Outback Queensland.
Spend a season living and working in the heart of the outback. This is a beautiful country town with some of the friendliest people you will ever meet.
It's a hive of activity in tourist season with visitors passing through from all over the world. There is plenty to do and see outside of work hours, take a river cruise, learn about the local history or relax watching the amazing sunrises and sunsets.
There are plenty of outlets in town for shopping and other great hotels & cafes to dine on days off. Working mostly afternoon/evenings you will have plenty of down time to enjoy your surrounds.
FANTASTIC VENUE-EXCELLENT EMPLOYERS-GREAT PLACE TO SAVE MONEY
Seasonal Role until November
- Level 3-HIGA
- $28.08 Monday-Friday
- $30.45 after 7pm
- $33.69 Sat
- $39.31 Sun
- $56.15 Public Holidays
- Free onsite Accommodation-Own room shared facilities
Duties and responsibilities:
- Daily operations
- Preparing menu items to specific recipes and maintain a high standard of quality in product served.
- Ensure all preparation is completed on time.
- Food preparation will include chopping and portioning food products to chef specifications
- Correctly storing food items
- Assisting with the cooking of menu items
- Use of deep fryer
- Assisting with the delivery of menu items to the customers
- Washing dishes
- Complete daily cleaning and maintenance schedules to ensure those standards be monitored and maintained consistently.
- Ensure end of day jobs completed to a high standard, all work areas cleaned, checked and in excellent order for the next service.
- Must have a love of living and working in outback Australia
- Previous experience in a commercial kitchen
- Able to commit for the Season
- Accessible via sealed roads and public transport
- Full Telstra Mobile Coverage available
- Local shops and supermarkets
- Full medical facilities in the town
If you are ready to start your remote adventure and feel you are the right candidate for this role, we would love to hear from you.
Please also visit our website to browse our other fantastic opportunities
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
MLKA Hospitality Recruitment
Member since: December 2020
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism