Are you a confident and outgoing person? Do you enjoy cultural exchange, events and visiting world-famous destinations? Would you like to ensure that international students from across the globe have the time of their lives while in Australia? If so, EF Education First wants you!
Careers at EF | Open the world with us.
EF Education First’s mission is opening the world through education.
A career with EF combines the support and opportunity of a large international organization, with the spirit and energy of a small business. We look for thinkers and doers – creative, collaborative, and motivated people who are excited by education, communication, and travel.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries. In Australia our core presence is felt at our international language campuses and summer schools, where we welcome students from around the world to participate in language learning and cultural exchange. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and encourage you to open the world through education.
We are looking for natural leaders who will help organise and deliver activities, events, and excursions for groups of our student body. Every day is different from taking students on unique excursions, to running epic themed murder mysteries while dressed as your favourite film character! There are also opportunities to visit famous Theme Parks, as well as the chance to participate in the many fun activities and events you will be leading. These roles are offered on a full-time, flexible basis that will involve evening and weekend shifts (Monday to Friday: morning and evening, or afternoon and evening plus Saturday or Sunday full day).
• Lead groups of international students on a variety of activities, events, ceremonies, and day trips
• Creates a lively atmosphere during excursions, delivering excellent customer service.
• Takes responsibility for health, safety, and well-being of all students, including completing and adhering to risk assessments and emergency situations in line with EF policy and procedures.
• Liaises with co-leaders and the Student Support and Events Manager to discuss how to improve future activities, events, ceremonies, and day trips.
• Ensures the EF behavior code is always followed by all students and informs the management immediately if there are any issues or problems.
• Assists with other duties as requested by the Student Support and Events Manager or Summer Centre Manager
• Highly motivated, energetic, and positive with a sociable and outgoing personality
• Confident in leading and managing groups of students.
• Highly organized and thorough, able to use initiative and work unsupervised.
• Ability to handle difficult situations with ease and remain calm under pressure.
• Appreciation of cultural differences and sensitive to the needs of international students
• A flexible approach to work and hours of work undertaken is essential.
• Is a trained First Aider (preferable but not essential)
• Experience with 10–18-year-olds (preferable but nor essential)
• All offers are subject to a clear and valid Blue Card
Why you will love working with EF Gold Coast
• Continuous professional development
• Work in a truly international environment
• Regular social events
• Ambition is nurtured and fast-tracked career enhancement opportunities are provided.
• Staff are encouraged to innovate, take ownership of their ideas, and bring them to fruition.
• Global career opportunities
• External trainings on safeguarding and mental health first aid
• Summer camp canteen
• Subsided accommodation available if necessary
• Based on the amazing Gold Coast, Queensland
• Free accommodation and meals
• Extra remuneration based on hours worked considering the free accommodations and meals.
What do our staff say?
“I love being exposed to different cultures and I get to practice other languages.”
“There is never a boring day.”
“I like all the staff and we work as a team. I also like the diversity we have within the school – both students and staff.”
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
EF International Language Schools PTY LTD
Member since: May 2023