Aireys Pub in Aireys Inlet is an iconic venue on the Great Ocean Road. We are a large family friendly venue priding ourselves on the unique experience we offer. We serve lunch and dinner seven days a week. We are lovers of live music, long sunny afternoons in the beer garden, local food and drink, and cosy open fires in the winter! We are a successful growing business and the home of our very own brewery Salt Brewing Co.
Our business fluctuates with the seasons, with peak rolling from Christmas through to the end of the Easter holidays. Then it’s busy weekends, open fires and cosy dinners. We carry a strong core team permanently and have many seasonal employees.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Chef de Partie in a full time role. This role will be an integral part of our daily operations, ensuring customers expectations are exceeded by delivering a quality product and experience. The role includes managing key areas of our kitchen, being a valuable team player and leading by example.
This is a full time role and the candidate should be willing to commit for a minimum of 6 months. Temporary accomodation may be able to be provided.
• Above average remuneration pending experience $70,000 - $80,000
• A strong, committed, supportive and highly experienced Head Chef
• Entering a business with a history of long standing management
• A culturally sound, professional and fun work environment
• Work and life balance encouragement with an organised roster including regular days off and leave forward planning
• Luxury of working in one of the best places in Australia with surf, mountain bike trials, beautiful cafes and more at your back door for a great work life balance
• Free meals on shift and knock offs
• Other benefits such as discounts and opportunities for paid team gatherings throughout the year
• Semi-temporary accommodation if relocating
• Opportunity for further study such as Cert 4 commercial cookery
• Friendly and welcoming local community
• Experience in a fast-paced kitchen or similar role
• Food knowledge backed by a genuine passion
• Thorough understanding of kitchen hygiene, cleanliness and food safety standards
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Strong English skills
• Hardworking, reliable and high energy
• Punctual, organised, trustworthy and great at problem solving
• Knowledge of food and labour cost
• Great communication
• Basic computer skills are preferable
• Qualified in Certificate 3 or 4 in Commercial Cookery
Sound like you?
We look forward to hearing from you! Whether you wish to apply with a cover letter and resume or have questions, please email and specify which role you are interested in.
Hesitant to apply because you don’t quite meet the requirements? If you’re eager and think you have what it could take anyway, we’d love to chat!
Postcode: 3231 (Aireys Inlet, Victoria)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: September 2021
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism