The Northcliffe Hotel is looking for a very enthusiastic Chef/Cook .
Our menu is classic country Pub with everything made fresh in house from the best local products, nothing from a frozen box. Everything made from scratch including house made pasta, all our sauces are unique house made no big brands here just good quality local product.
This job would be ideal for some one that has that drive to deliver quality food and keen to use local products.
Great job for a young Chef that wants to and is willing to learn but not age restricted.
Tasks Include but not limited to:
· Preparing and planning menus, providing estimates of food and labour costs, and arranging with suppliers for food supplies
· Ensuring dishes and meals prepared pass quality control checks from initial ingredients used to final stage of plating.
· Liaising closely with manager and senior kitchen staff to ensure any issues are dealt with in a timely manner, this includes dietary requirements for guests, and being able to discuss first hand meal preparation and ingredients used for any guests with allergies.
· Having the skills and knowledge in preparing foods requiring different techniques.
· preparing and cooking food according to Health regulations
· explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations including training new staff with Covid Hygiene requirements
· at times will be called upon to assist with the selection and training of staff
· ensuring food handling requirements are met including freezing and preserve procedures.
Skill level required (min)
Cert IV Commercial Cookery,AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
Salary range: From $70,000.00 (depending on experience)
Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
Follow recipes and presentation specifications
Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
Oversee and manage kitchen operations
Clean and organise kitchen and equipment in adherence to hygiene and safety regulations
Preserve and store foodstuffs in appropriate temperature-controlled facilities
Train apprentices and other kitchen staff
Recording food temperature
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
IMMEDIATE START SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE APPROVED EMPLOYER
Postcode: 6262 (NORTHCLIFFE, Western Australia)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Northcliffe hotel and motor inn
Member since: January 2017
small country family run Hotel with attached Motel units
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism