Join a leading global company at an entry level position based in Orange. Immediate start | Casual roles | Great team environment |
Full training provided in a friendly and supportive team
Globally successful, world-class laboratory group
Multiple positions available - APPLY NOW!
ALS Geochemistry is looking to fill entry-level roles within our Sample Preparation section at our Orange facility. We hire a diverse range of people and pride ourselves on our inclusive workplace - we would love for you to come along and see what we are all about!
Safety and quality are our main priorities, so we’ll make sure you’re fully trained by our experienced team members and they’ll show you everything you need to know to do a quality job and do it safely.
Sometimes the work isn’t glamorous, but we need hard-working, honest people who are committed to turning up every-day and getting their hands dirty.
We have a great company culture and we’re a big global business with locations all around Australia and the world so, you’ll be coming into an organisation where you may just find your career path, or perhaps you are thinking about taking a gap-year to get some experience and earn some money before you go to Uni in 2024.
The Day to Day
On a typical day you will be:
• Handling rock, core and drill chips
• Operating sample preparation equipment – crushers, pulverisers, splitters and weigh scales
• Performing routine manual/labouring tasks including lifting and be on your feet all day
• Numerical sorting and labelling of samples
• Wearing mandatory personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
• Working as part of team to achieve daily production targets
To do the job you need to:
• Be physically and mentally fit and prepared to carry out repetitive manual tasks
• Be reliable, responsible and show excellent attendance at work
• Have good verbal and writing skills – especially number recognition
• Correctly follow instructions and procedures (incl. safety, quality and code of conduct)
• Have a high attention to detail
• Be honest and display integrity. Be respectful to others
• Be willing to work hard while focusing on quality, safety, and productivity
• Be willing to work in a dusty, noisy, high/low temperature environment with dangerous substances
You’ll need to wear PPE for all tasks and strictly follow procedures. We have a clean-shaven policy for wearing of dust respirators and we also perform routine drug and alcohol testing under our Fit for Work guidelines
We believe our people are what makes ALS the globally successful company it is today. We offer great staff benefits, abundant learning resources and options for career development. We value and actively support a diverse workforce and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Looking for further details?
Please contact the Orange Manager, Kellie Jones at
To apply, please provide your resume, plus a short cover letter explaining why you’d like to join our team and what your plans are.
Postcode: 2800 (Orange, New South Wales)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: November 2023
ALS is a global leader in scientific testing, providing comprehensive testing solutions to clients in more than 60 countries across a wide range of industries, including environment, food and beverage, mining, personal care, pharmaceutical, healthcare and equipment reliability. Using state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies, our dedicated international teams deliver the highest-quality testing services and personalized solutions supported by local expertise. We help our clients leverage the power of data-driven insights for a safer and healthier world.
Science & Technology