Chef-Remote Northern Territory
We are seeking an experienced Chef for this busy tourist based venue located in the Northern Territory.
This role would suit an experienced chef who can lead by example and has excellent food knowledge and presentation skills. With no early mornings or split shifts, you have plenty of time to explore your surrounds.
Surrounded by national park, amazing wildlife, wetlands and gorges, the venue is an ideal base while you experience all that this location has to offer whilst working for a great employer.
OPEN FOR DINNER ONLY-PLENTY OF TIME TO EXPLORE
Commence: Late November 2023
Package: FULLTIME, SALARIED ROLE
$75,000 per annum
Free Accommodation & Dinner Daily
• Assist with the implementation and maintenance of programs to ensure high standards cleanliness and organisation within the kitchen and related outlets.
• Lead employees by setting a positive example. Instruct and develop apprentices.
• Assist Head Chef with menu preparation and ensure adequate supplies are available for expected service.
• Ensure strict rotation of food stock and minimum wastage.
• Consult Head Chef for guidance and authorisation of orders.
• Liaise with Restaurant employees regarding the availability of menu items, additions to the menu and any relevant changes.
• Supervision of kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef. Delegate duties and responsibilities to kitchen employees to ensure service demands are met.
• Maintain excellent presentation standards and cost controls.
• To manage and supervise the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef concentrating on quality control.
• Follow hotel procedures with respect to grooming, performance and conduct standards, occupational health and safety, emergency procedures and all other hotel policies and procedures as detailed in the employee handbook.
• Report all unsafe work conditions including broken equipment to Manager, Supervisors or Safety Committee representative.
• Use safe manual handling techniques at all times and take a consultative role to assist in achieving a healthy and safe working environment.
• Work cohesively in conjunction with the hotel’s rehabilitation programme.
• Perform any other duties within the employee’s range of competence as required by management.
• Relevant qualification required to perform the duties.
• Projects a professional image at all times
• Demonstrates hygienic work practices
• Organises time and work efficiently
• Uses leadership skills to maintain an effective work group
• Establishes rapport easily
• Works under pressure without negative impact
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Develops and maintains co-operative working relationships
• Have the ability and willingness to undertake further development
Telstra & Optus Mobile Coverage Available
Access via sealed roads or Public Transport
How to Apply:
If you are ready to start your remote adventure and feel you are the right candidate for this role, we would love to hear from you.
All applications are handled on a confidential basis.
Please also visit our website to browse our other fantastic opportunities.
Note, due to confidentiality on some roles, not all our positions are externally advertised.
Who We Are:
MLKA Hospitality Recruitment are industry leaders in remote, regional and outback hospitality employment Australia wide. Australian owned and operated since 2008.
Our roles offer an excellent opportunity for skilled hospitality staff to embark on an adventurous career, experiencing the REAL Australia.
We recruit for equal opportunity employers.
Specific details of our roles, salary and locations are provided during the interview process.
We recruit for the best hospitality employers in regional & remote Australia who can offer their employees a great work/life balance. Our service is 100% free for jobseekers.
Escape the high cost and stresses of city living with a fantastic live in role – accommodation packages are provided with all roles.
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
MLKA Hospitality Recruitment
Member since: December 2020
MLKA Hospitality Recruitment offer remote & regional Live In roles in Hotels, Resorts, Lodges & Roadhouses Australia Wide. We recruit for some of the best employers in regional Australia.
Our team have all lived and worked in regional Australia and will work with you to find the perfect role whether you are seeking a job on an Island, on the coast or in the outback.
Our service is completely free to Jobseekers. The majority of our roles offer the opportunity to extend your Working Holiday Visa.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism