- Full time hours
- Fun, Outback Experience with a friendly, supportive team
- Counts for 88 days
We are looking for an experienced Cook to join our friendly team.
• Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the kitchen.
• Maintain food quality and presentation under pressure.
• Report promptly maintenance and safety issues and ensure they are corrected.
• Serve meals to customers when required.
• Other duties as required by the business in the role of Cook.
• Preparing and cooking food.
• Seasoning food during cooking.
• Portioning food, placing it on plates, and adding gravies, sauces and garnishes.
• Keep abreast of food trends and seasonal produce available.
• Ensuring all grooming standards are met in relation to personal grooming and uniform presentation.
• Complying with the Business Safety & Environment policies, initiatives and legislation.
• Abiding by all Work Place Health, Safety & Hygiene regulations at all times.
• Examining food to ensure quality.
• Regulating temperatures of ovens, grills and other cooking equipment.
• Storing food in temperature controlled facilities.
• Preparing food to meet special dietary requirements
Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner this is a busy role and requires someone who is reliable, works well under pressure, ensuring high quality food is always being served to our customers.
You must be able to work well in a team environment.
Excellent conditions, full time hours each week is available. Don't miss this opportunity to join a great team and enjoy the outback!
If this sounds like a role that interests you, please apply by sending your resume with a cover letter outlining your availability and relevant experience.
Postcode: 5724 (Marla, South Australia)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Northern Interests Pty Ltd
Member since: October 2018
Northern Interests is an organisation involved with remote area stores (often referred to as “Roadhouses”). It began with the purchase of the first business in 1998 and has now grown to 9 sites located in SA, NT and WA. We now have approximately 130 staff many of them living on premise in our staff accommodation.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism