We are currently looking for dairy farm hands for farms in the Gippsland region of Victoria.
PLEASE READ REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLYING:
- MENTION IN YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN CAR (or if you are a couple, a car between you both). The accommodation may be off farm so a car is required for travel to and from work, and also to explore on your days off work. IF YOU DO NOT MENTION WHETHER YOU HAVE A CAR WE WILL NOT CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION.
- Shared accommodation is provided at a very discounted price.
- We encourage single backpackers or couples/friends to apply, but it is unlikely that we can hire more than 2 backpackers for a farm at once. If you are in a group of more than 2, please apply separately.
- Please do not apply if you have no valid Visa or require sponsorship.
Up to 50 hours per week work available per worker at minimum award rate (inclusive of casual loading), plus penalty rates. Ongoing positions are available for those with permanent Australian working rights who are looking to stay long term. Ideally we will prioritize applicants who have experience working or growing up on a dairy farm over those without prior experience.
The roles involve completing various tasks in the following areas:
- Driving and upholding Animal Health and Safe Operating Procedures
- All aspects of milking
- Animal husbandry and calf rearing
- Pasture management
- Machinery operation
- Repairs and maintenance.
The desired skills and experience for this opportunity are:
- Past dairy industry experience is highly desirable but we can train the right person
- Committed to ensuring a safe workplace
- Reliable and punctual
- Good work ethic and positive attitude
- Team player.
To be considered, please submit your updated resume and any relevant Visa information. Please do not apply if you have no valid Visa or if you require sponsorship as your application will not be considered.
Postcode: 3858 (Denison, Victoria)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: May 2022
Aurora Dairies was established in February 2019. Aurora has a demonstrated commitment to long-term investment in the Australian Dairy Industry and owns and operates more than 20,000 hectares on 47 pasture based dairy farms across the southwest, northern and Gippsland regions of Victoria, southeast South Australia and northern Tasmania. We have over 40,000 milking cows and 20,000 heifers and provide regional work for backpackers.
Farming, Animals & Conservation